Medical uses of cannabis

Medical uses of cannabis

A Story by evansmark333
"

Whoever thought that marijuana or cannabis can actually be looked upon as having medicinal properties?

"

Whoever thought that marijuana or cannabis can actually be looked upon as having medicinal properties? You will be surprised at the various kinds of relief it can provide and help alleviate many kinds of conditions which will surprise anyone. Let us examine some of the key areas it can be used and how medical cannabis is a good thing. In fact the medical name for marijuana is cannabis.


  1. Relief from pain

Patients, who experience chronic pain from severe conditions like back ache and other such chronic and recurrent pain, can be administered cannabis for long-lasting relief. There are some individuals who may have allergic reactions to some pain-killers or antibiotics, and it is best for them to be given this dosage. The best feature is that within few minutes, the effect starts kicking in, making it one of the most effective pain-killers.


  1. Help cancer patients

One of the most effective medical uses lies in its properties of giving relief and a sense of well-being to those battling cancer. Many, who undertake chemotherapy, often suffer from very grave and painful after effects. Administering medical cannabis to them helps alleviate the painful conditions and gives some sense of calm and relief to the patient. Generally, cancer patients tend to experience nausea and lack of appetite after the chemotherapy procedures. These drugs, when given to a patient, help in stimulating the appetite and also help reduce the after effects of nausea by a considerable margin.


  1. Helps combat mental disorders and conditions

It is a proven fact that cannabis helps in bringing about a feeling of being on a “high”. This is evident on the influence it can have on the mood or the mental state of an individual who is partaking it. When used on patients with depression and other related mental disorders. It can be used as a mild relaxant for those having sleep disorders or insomnia too.


  1. Treating glaucoma

One of its most effective uses lies in treating conditions like glaucoma and other similar conditions.


Additionally, the uses also encompass different ailments pertaining to seizures, extreme spasms, muscle spasticity and many more such conditions. One can find many varieties available on Barney’s Farm Shop.


The above uses of medical cannabis make it a viable alternative to other antibiotic medication in places where it is permitted legally. Many places do not permit the use of cannabis as an alternative to medicine due to its properties. There are many suffering patients who have found lasting relief from the healing properties associated with this otherwise deadly herb.

© 2014 evansmark333


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: cannabis, marijuana, health, medical

Author

evansmark333
evansmark333

Ahmedabad, None (International), India



About
I have been working as a content writer for last 3 years, and have been serving my skills as a freelancer writer. more..