The Struggle

The Struggle

A Poem by Brenden MacMillan
"

This is a description of what I call The Struggle. Please if anyone needs help dealing with their Struggle, I'm here to help as much as I can. For those who are skeptical, trust me, it helps to talk

"
The Struggle is to well know by to many people, these people may be young or old.
But whoever they are, the important fact is that they know it.

The Struggle is something you can't understand until you feel it.  It's the battle with everyone around you.  But the worst part is, it's fighting the war within yourself.  It is resisting the temptation to grab that razor and open up that sweet river that provides a physical distraction from the pure agony you feel inside.

The Struggle is the fight with the ones who target you.  The ones who for some reason fell the need to attack you, it could be physically or mentally but it all hurts just the same.

The Struggle is being afraid to tell your best friend that you different, for the fear that they may target you just as so many others already have.  It's being afraid to tell your family the same secret for the same reason.  You're afraid because so many other people have hurt you that your now excepting to be hurt by everyone.

The Struggle isn't always external though.  The Struggle is the worst when it has gotten inside of you.  Because then the war turns into one against yourself.  But it isn't yourself your fighting.  You're fighting some Demon who has corrupted you're heart and your judgement.  You'll do anything to get this Demon out of you.  It may be with medication or drugs to block Him from your mind, or it could be from the help of a long, cold blade.

The Struggle is harder than anyone can perceive and some victims sadly give up and leave us.  But to all of you who are going through The Struggle, just as I have, don't give up.  Never give up for there is always a reason to continue. We must stay strong my friends, we must stand up tall and show all those who have put us down that we shall not submit!  We must show them that we are to good and to strong to give up on our lives when we have so much potential.  I have overcome the temptation of the blade and the drugs, and if I have so can you. We must band together my friends for we are one of the same.  Stay strong my brothers and sisters, for we are the ones who suffer in silence, when our torture should be known.

© 2013 Brenden MacMillan


Author's Note

Brenden MacMillan
Please keep in mind this is my first writing. Any friendly criticism is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013