How Big is the Kingdom of Heaven?

How Big is the Kingdom of Heaven?

A Poem by E. Wilson
"

Not typical poetic form, raw in the sense of the questions of a wandering mind.

"

How big is the Kingdom of Heaven? This is the writing of a wanderer. To long for the warmth of something concrete in this life is the game we all play. Some days the questions less vibrant than the day before and others ring loudly in the caverns of the mind. Where does one go to find solace in a world where people are always craving safety? The safety of love, the happiness of being cherished�"are these things true or a distraction from the uncertainty of it all? We go through the motions our entire lives, from play and naivety comes graduations and ceremonies. From accolades we find our souls’ solidarity in the idea of our own accomplishment.

What is truth and what is fable? A man can live 80 years, accomplish his dreams and leave this world with a legacy. Isn’t this what we fight for all along? What if there is more? As we dance through this life, to the tune of a grandiose melody, we hope to find a peace and the still comfort of knowing all the answers. How big is the Kingdom of Heaven? In the silence of unanswered prayers and the begging for reassurance we find ourselves. From the tribulation of the iniquities of our sins there is a faint cry. A cry to rebel, a plea for some plan.

The melodic echoes of a life well lived continue evermore--a man can love and a man can cry, but is there more? In our core we hope to be everything we can be with the shortfalls always creeping on the ends of the hairs that stand up on our necks. The insecurities, the sweeping loneliness doubles for some as the noose that binds and constricts like the serpent of old. The tight rope we dance is the illusion of security. Oh, how big is the Kingdom of Heaven? The promise of ever-after in a paradise of our dreams, but also the blanket that is cast over our eyes. What is real and what is fable I ask, I beg.

 

How big is the Kingdom of Heaven?

© 2016 E. Wilson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on December 19, 2016
Last Updated on December 19, 2016
Tags: wandering, Kingdom of Heaven, life

Author

E. Wilson
E. Wilson

Auburn, AL



About
College Student always striving for inspiration. more..