Days Erased

Days Erased

A Poem by Jessica
"

new

"

It's been days since I left your side
And the sun still has the nerve to rise
I wish the darkness never had to hide
I wish there was desolation in the skies

It's been days since I felt your salty kiss
And I fear touching my tortured skin
I wish your caress wasn't something I miss
I wish I wasn't destined to remember our sins

It's been days since I severed the ties
And blood pumps through veins frosted over
Now, the time has come to abandon the lies
So don't hesitate to find a new lover

It's been days since your heart embraced mine
And my own soul has become a stranger
Now, it is my heart on which you will dine
So take a handful to devour at your leisure

© 2009 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once more, nice choice of words...and, i'm guessin this is about Alfonzo(I call him Alfonzo)...sad:-(I mean, I don't like rhyming stanza'd poetry, but...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................overall I liked it.


Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem is amazing. Led us with a sad beginning and a warm and sweet offering at the end. Your words roll perfect. Description and the story was excellent.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think you captured the feelings of a breakup very well. The imagery especially added to it's impact. Great poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this was amazing.
I really enjoyed the emotion in this poem.
And you even capitalized. xD
But..wow.
I have a story to tell you on Monday... O.o

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2009

Author

Jessica
Jessica

Plantation, FL



Writing
The Painter The Painter

A Poem by Jessica



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Who am I? Who am I?

A Poem by Rose Angel