For You.

For You.

A Poem by Fahmida Mehreen

The heart, the breath;
Invaded by an intoxicating soul.
Now, what? Just come to think of it:
What if this throbbing heart, reflecting the irresistible sensation like a fragile mirror, breaks apart?
What if this exhilarating breath, flying like a Pegasus, drops dead?
The sunshine days, the starlit nights;
Imprisoned by an intoxicating soul.
It is you. You.

© 2016 Fahmida Mehreen


Author's Note

Fahmida Mehreen
Your feedback is valuable. Please do drop a comment. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such depth and eloquence in this piece. As flesh and blood we constantly battle our soul; Life is but a breath and soon will die while the soul lives forever.................

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Absolutely. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Invaded by an intoxicating soul
Niceeee....beautiful choice of words...
The heart a fragile mirror.....very good comparisons
Very well written Fahmida

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Glad that you liked it, Stephmore!
Very-well written. Good similes- like a fragile mirror, flying like a Pegasus. And pretty fine use of alliteration. And, good repetition- intoxicating soul. Everything that you have penned down captured my imagination and I could witness everything happening in front of me- similes induce imagery. Keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the gentle pat-on-the-back!
Your philosophy of being imprisoned in your beliefs and mirrors that reflects its world on you. I felt deep genuine discerning appeals to the bridge between subconscious and conscious mind. The places in searching will bring heartbreaks and some will leave scars and some will open conciliatory permanent- solitude paradise with your soul pulling on your sleeve to join in complete bliss of finding you and only you in this universe. To realize in the end that you are the universe because it resides in you. Look closely and you will find everything you need. Keep writing and enjoyable read.

Sincerely your friend in poetry and life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Thank you for such an insightful review. :)
It is crazy how one person can invade your senses, your thoughts, your heart without knowing or trying. They consume you to the point it feels intoxicating or insanity. It can be fleeting and disappear or it can deepen and set roots, you have written of this nicely. I enjoyed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Thanks April! Your appreciation is valuable.
Indeed, how easily one can seep into our hearts.. read more
The display of words is compelling, makes this reader want and need to read and read. Whilst you write in free verse there's a musical tone, reminds me of ancient writings. But, over all you've captured both the wonderment and bewilderment of loving someone almost too deeply., Can something be so real, so lasting? Shall I, should I? Seems you believe you should!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Let the heart speak only.
And leave the rest on chances, choices, and reality. :)
read more
emmajoy

8 Years Ago

I felt as i read .. then worded reaction; that's all the spirit can do when beckoned.
Ah! You mentioned Pegasus! My favorite! I really love this, you too have touched me now. :) xx

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Lots of love.
You create such a stunning rhythm to your soul's longing words. There are the questions, the fears, the struggles with decision, and yet somehow you know this beautiful awakening is so impossible to simply walk away from.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Maybe. You need to walk on to see whether there is a light at the end of the tunnel or not, yeah?
An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Yes, or... light a fire to consume the darkness.
Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

There is always a dark shadow beneath the candle that is illuminating.
Keep on chasing dreams you aspiring writer, you. While it's not an entirely new exploration of love (it's hard to do that these days), the important thing is you've got the voice and the tone down. The emotion feels real. Also, I like your usage of punctuation. You've got the technical skills, and I like that you do. You know the rules, and I'll keep reading to see if you break them anywhere for a purpose in other writes. Content-wise, this is rather direct. Your world invaded by another. Intoxicating is a nice word. I almost envision them as being a drug or a drink of alcohol invading your body and affecting all of your functions. Bodily, mental, all of it. That's a lot of what love is, isn't it? There's that double sided coin of love. Exhilaration and a heart throbbing with happiness, and of course the possibility of being broken and dead inside. Imprisoned by your feelings for that significant other. It's them, it's them that does this to you. To us.

Why did you choose Pegasus? I'm genuinely curious about your choice for using Pegasus as the symbol of your exhilarated and fluttering (flying) breaths.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Pegasus: it's a mythological existence. Yet, we imagine very high of it. Pegasus here, because till .. read more
Well Fahmida, the sensations die their own death. But to be destroyed by love is so so painful, yet desirable. The poem catches the right moments and emotions of a heart feeling so deeply.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

8 Years Ago

Thank you for taking out your valuable time and appreciating the little piece of mine. Means a lot. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

813 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2016
Last Updated on March 31, 2016

Author

Fahmida Mehreen
Fahmida Mehreen

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
An aspiring writer, chasing dreams. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..