Boulevard

Boulevard

A Story by Fahmida Mehreen

Within the depth of my engulfing emotions, an intense dawn broke through an obscure night. A joyous tide rose above the untidy shores to carry the wreckage away. An everlasting contentment topped all disillusionment. Bright smiles enlightened time. Now, these devoured sensations and mood are also said to be momentary. As if it is only a matter of time before it becomes subtle. But I agree to disagree.


A bend in the road does not necessarily cease the path. A closed door does not burn down destination. A stumbling block does not slay a traveler. We all have learned to keep on moving. That is what has brought us this far; to this very moment as I write and as you read. Even with lost treasures, aching bruises, and rough paths we have made it to the boulevard of happiness.


Hard to believe? Take a moment to close your eyes. Relive a blissful moment in time. I promise you a smile.

© 2017 Fahmida Mehreen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful ... the imagery and emotion in this piece is outstanding : )
I especially enjoyed the message and analogies you used in the second paragraph because of how simple and true they are. The descriptions flowed so easily and naturally. I swear I smiled after reading this.
An evocative write ... thanks for sharing.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, William.



Reviews

Beautiful ... the imagery and emotion in this piece is outstanding : )
I especially enjoyed the message and analogies you used in the second paragraph because of how simple and true they are. The descriptions flowed so easily and naturally. I swear I smiled after reading this.
An evocative write ... thanks for sharing.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, William.
I love how you put "hope" into words. 💕

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Your appreciation is valuable. Stay posted. :)
This is absolutely beautiful. I'm genuinely happy for you.

-Ghalib

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

I am so glad to receive a review from you. :)
Keep reading.
I got your smile.
I like the positive intent in this wonderful and very descriptive post.
No matter what hardships we face we have to move on and make the best of the situation at hand.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Indeed, we need to make the best out the life which has been gifted to us.

Thank you.. read more
Let me begin in saying that the first paragraph of this is nothing short of stellar. You placed your words greatly and from that bore an awesome image of sadness being broken down by a joyous serenity.

This work brough to memory a conversation that I had with a great friend recently. As humans, we're almost hardwired into tunnel vision when it comes to our pitfalls, but it rarely works in reverse when we're in good spirits. A piece like this goes the distance in reminding someone out there that there is always light at the end of every tunnel; that there is always sunrise chasing away the unwanted nights of our days.

Beautiful, Fahmida -- more like exceptional.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

I am happy that my words could serve its purpose. Much thank you for your encouragement.
What a lifting, beautiful write! Through darkness you see the dawn approaching, and nothing can stop the light. And your words at the end, this hopeful blessing, it gives everyone the wish they need to carry on and to find joy in this very moment. Wondrous!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your gentle appreciation. Positive energy makes the journey of life a little easier. W.. read more
An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

May this year be flooded with positive energy. :)
Wow, a thoughtful story, Fahmida.
Yes, just a bad day or a bad phase of a life doesn't mean we would stop living or stop moving forward.
Irrespective of what happens, we should keep moving and that's what is important.
Love the ending note. It makes me want to believe that all is really well if end is well. And I wish everyone could really be happy thinking of those last memories.
A very nice write :-)
Thanks for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Gorthi! I am much delighted that you can totally read my thoughts. What you perceived is .. read more
Manu

7 Years Ago

You are welcome :-)
It is a beautiful thought presented very beautifully!
It is true for all those who look at life with that out look and this write reflects your shining mood and your sanguine approach. I am glad you are sharing and spreading it through this write.

In this journey of life, we have hurdles, bumps, blocks, turns,curves and crossroads. Some make it through the park. Many may get stuck up and give up altogether. I wish they read this write and relive a blissful moment of their journey and rejuvenate themselves and continue...
Thanks for sharing...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your appreciation. Indeed, life is one big ride. It comes with what not! But i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2017
Last Updated on January 13, 2017

Author

Fahmida Mehreen
Fahmida Mehreen

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
An aspiring writer, chasing dreams. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..