Touched By A Forgotten Angel

Touched By A Forgotten Angel

A Story by Tallulah
"

All he wanted was to end his life but she wouldn't let him.

"

I was touched by an angel today. She was a gorgeous angel. Her hair was a deep black, that contradicted with her shinning emerald green eyes. Her skin was soft and smooth, and was the color of brown sugar. Most angels’ wings are a creamy white, but not her wings. Her wings were black, darker then night, though a few feathers were white, the color of pure, clean fresh fallen snow. I asked her why her wings were different from those of her kind, she frowned, and told me it was a long, sad story, not worth telling.

 

 

 I told her I had time, and didn’tmind sadness; truth was I just wanted to hear something that made my life seem happy. She looked over the edge of the building, then slowly sat down. I took it she had time too, and sat down next to her.

 

“Well it began when I was mortal,” she began, “I was always fighting for justice, but in my missions I often hurt people whether they deserved it or not. I never felt bad for the people I hurt; nor did I pray for forgiveness. In one of my missions, I set a house on fire. The house belonged to a rapist and his family. This man kidnapped and raped both my sister and me. When his daughter came home, the man left me and my sister tied to chairs in the basement. Working together, and with the help of a pocketknife, we cut the ropes and set ourselves free. I, of course, was not happy with freedom. I wanted to stop this man; I wanted to keep him from doing what he did to me, to any other girl. So I stayed behind, letting my sister escape, as I came up with a plan on how to sabotage this man.

 

It wasn’t hard, I looked around the basement and found some Tiki torch oil and matches. I poured the oil up the wooden stairs, over his hardwood floors, his rugs, anywhere I could go without being seen, and then I lit the match and threw it into the oil. The house caught fire quickly, and collapsed. I killed the rapist...and his wife, and his five-year-old daughter. The wife and little girl did not deserve to die, for they knew not of the evil in their home.

 

I saw it as no big deal. A small sacrifice, I thought , to get what I was really after. Those three were not the only ones to die that day. The fire caught quickly, and it was impossible to escape...I also lost my life that day. Yet another small sacrifice, though I did not agree.”

 

She paused briefly to look over the edge of the building, then at me. “You know if you do this, you’ll go straight to hell, or if you lived a half decent life, you’ll end up like me. You don’t want that.” Her voice pleaded.

 

“What happened to you?” I asked for as far as I could tell she was fine. “Finish your story, tell me the horror of your life.”

 

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. “I was fifteen. Not young enough to be completely innocent, but not old enough to be completely ruined. Because of this I couldn’t go straight to heaven or straight to hell. I had to face judgment. I floated for what seemed like forever to heaven. And then I saw Him, God.

 

He looked at me and frowned. His eyes were sad as he said these next words. ‘I can not take you with me.’ I opened my mouth to ask why, but He cut me off.

 

‘You are as imperfect as can be. Not a pearl I wish to save. You do not reconcile for the sins you have committed, and you believe that taking a human life is only a small sacrifice. You don’t deserve to be with me for you are a sinner of the worst kind. You are the sinner who won’t admit that she is.’ And He turned and left before I could say anything in my defense.

 

She stopped talking and I saw how much this was really hurting her. Her large hazel eyes were tear glazed. Crystal like tears rolled down her cheeks, and her black and white wings were drooped with sadness.

 

 

“Go on,” I prodded my angel, “Tell me the rest.” She let out a shuddering sigh and a moment she continued.

 

“And then...then I was falling. I was falling in a silent dark and I was scared. I was not wanted in heaven so I was going to hell. I was going to become a slave demon. My only thought was I had helped so many people, and ended up in hell. Showed where kindness got me.

 

I hit hot ground, and before the fire surrounded me, I knew where I was. Lucifer stood in front of me, arms crossed , disapproval clear across his face. Then he laughed. Not a happy laugh, but more of a you’ve-got -to -be-kidding-me type of laugh. He laughed for what seemed to be a long, long time. And when he caught his breath, he called forth Beezlebub, a small demon covered from his pointy horns to the tip of his arrow shaped tail in glistening green scales.

 

“Give me her stats.” he cried to the demon. Beezlebub’s tail gave a nervous twitch as he slowly read my life out loud.

 

‘Her name is Seraphina Alverez. Born March 11,1985. Died December 1,2000.

 

Her life consisted of school, friends, boys, and shopping. Major good girl, she was always defending little scrawny nerds and the likes.

 

Get this, she killed four humans, including herself, just to keep a rapist from harming any more girls. Along with herself, she killed the rapist , his wife and five-year-old daughter, of the four, three were innocents, but saw the deaths, other then hers, as only a small sacrifice.

 

Apart from taking four human lives, she has harmed hundred with no remorse.”

 

“Lucifer laughed again, a cold hard laugh. “Tell me Beezelbub, Why would they send me an angel?”

 

Beezlebub gulped and muttered, “because she refuses to show remorse, and is a sinner who won’t admit what she is.”

 

Lucifer growled. “She is an angel of the Lord. The God I despise. She belongs in heaven and won’t be tolerated in hell. Get her out of here.”

 

I felt something tugging at me, and panicked. I wanted to belong somewhere. I didn’t want to go to limbo, or where ever they sent you when you weren’t wanted. So I spoke when I shouldn’t have.

 

“Weren’t you an angel of the Lord once, Lucifer? And not just any angel, but an angel of the highest order, one closest to the throne of God? God banished me just as he banished you, so why then, am I not allowed to join you?’

 

The fire surrounding me grew tall and angry. It threatened to burn me , but then calmed. Lucifer chuckled. “You know, I was going to send you back to heaven. Talk to Judas, make him let you in...But since God banished you, I won’t. No, I have a better idea.”

 

Then I was thrown from hell, and hit earth. I was back home, but I had wings, black wings. The mark of a lost angel.”

 

“Lost Angel.” I interrupted her slightly confused.

 

“Yes a lost angel. An angel who sees and hears God’s words and ways, but also Lucifer's. An Angel who doesn’t know who to follow.

 

As I was saying, I was marked as a lost angel. I stood and Satan’s voice boomed around me.

 

“Your wings are now black. You must turn them white, feather by feather, by helping others for the good of others and no for yourself. Only then will you be permitted into heaven. Good Luck, and enjoy your life of hell on Earth...

 

You have one white feather for saving your sister from the rapist. You can thank God for that.”

 

So I spent my life trying to help others. Turns out there were plenty to help, only problem is, that not many wanted help.

 

Only five wanted help...I only helped five...”

 

She shook her head. “The worst part is the loneliness. Every Angel I meet walks away, and demons scoff in my face. Most humans fear me...You’re the best company I’ve had in a long time. I’m nothing here, but a guardian angel, forgotten by God, and Satan. I’m nothing but a forgotten guardian angel.

 

Well anyway that’s my story.” she said looking at me. Slowly I stood and stepped closer to the building’s edge. From the corner of my eye I saw my angel panic, and in a moment she was by my side, holding my wrist tight.

 

“Don’t do it, please.” she begged. I saw the fear in her eyes and I enjoyed it entirely. I enjoyed having someone actually care.

 

I gently freed my wrist from her grasp. “I do not fear hell, and your life isn’t all that bad. I could deal with a life like that, and I could also keep you company..’ I told her.

 

“You can keep me company now. Please don’t do it.” She was begging and close to tears. “Please...” But it was too late, I had already jumped.

 

...Then I was falling. Falling in a silent dark...and I was scared...

 

Her words echoed in my mind. And I understood what my dear angel was saying. I also understood her fear. Fear had frozen my heart, but it wasn’t a fear of going to hell. It was a fear of falling and having no one to catch me. It was a fear of death.

 

And then she saved me. I was brought out of the dark the moment her hand wrapped around my wrist. The moment I saw her angry, but gorgeous face.

 

I saw a bright white light erupt around her, and watched as a feather changed from black to white. I smiled realizing she really did care. But she failed to acknowledge the change.

 

“I’m not afraid of hell. I’m not afraid of your life.” She mocked as her wings pumped upward struggling to hold both her and myself up. “No I’m only afraid of death. Of falling and having no one there to catch me. But I’ll jump anyway! So stupid! Why didn’t you listen to me?”

 

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. “I just hate where I am. I couldn’t stand it anymore.” I felt her anger dissipate and all was calm as she set me down on the ground and landed next to me. I looked around. We were in a snow covered meadow. The only sounds that could be heard was that of my angel fixing her wings. It was as if the rest of the world had disappeared.

 

She snapped her fingers in front of my face. “Don’t worry about where we are. Just listen to me.” She snapped, her anger revealing itself once again.

 

“You say you hated your life. That you couldn’t stand it any more. Then why not change it? Why not take matters into your own hands?” She asked.

 

“I’m only human. My boss was giving me hell, my co-workers and classmates only enjoyed tearing me to pieces, and I was failing every class in school, which meant my parents were also giving me hell. And through all this I was alone and hated. Nobody actually cared about me.”

 

“Then quit you’re job. Stand up to you classmates, actually study in school.”

 

“Quit? I didn’t want to run away.”

 

“It’s not running away. It fixing what is wrong, and standing up for yourself. You’re going to say your life was falling apart, well then fix it. Start over new. You’re in charge of your life no one else.”

 

“I guess you’re right.”

 

“That’s right. I’m always right. Now you’re going to go home, and begin fixing your life.”

 

“Right... how do I start?”

 

“You’ll know when you get home. But know this: you’re no longer alone, you’ve got me. Whenever you need help, whenever you feel lost or alone, or trapped in the dark, just call me, and I’ll be there. I’ll lead you out of the darkness.” She promised.

 

And that’s how she became my angel. She may have been forgotten by God or Satan, but she saved my life, and promised to help me. She’ll always be my angel.

 

I was touched by a Forgotten Angel today. And that one touched saved my life and protected my future. I will always remember my forgotten guardian angel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Tallulah


Author's Note

Tallulah
Italics are from a poem I wrote which i might post here. I knokw its not the best but its still one of my favorite stories.
<3 Tallulah

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

To be honest, I like your prose better than your poetry, and this is proof of that. I love the message in this piece, although I feel like I've read it before. (Maybe have you written something similar before?) Anyway, I enjoyed your interpretation of heaven and hell and angels. I love the way your voice seeps through your writing; it seems to make it more personal. I love it!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


To be honest, I like your prose better than your poetry, and this is proof of that. I love the message in this piece, although I feel like I've read it before. (Maybe have you written something similar before?) Anyway, I enjoyed your interpretation of heaven and hell and angels. I love the way your voice seeps through your writing; it seems to make it more personal. I love it!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well if that was not your best I want to read more of your work. I loved the poem you put inside.
This was heart breaking and it moved me quite well.

Great write!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2009
Last Updated on April 15, 2009

Author

Tallulah
Tallulah

NY



About
Hi! My name's Tallulah! I'm a 16 year old girl. There's not much to say about me. I like to write, draw, read and run. I love music and am trying to learn to play the guitar....failing at it though. I.. more..

Writing