He Wants To Be a Hero

He Wants To Be a Hero

A Poem by Tallulah
"

He wants to matter in life, be a hero but he thinks that means he has to die...

"

He says the true heroes aren't the ones who come home. They're the ones who save their family and friends and don't come back. I wish I could tell him he's wrong, get him to see sense. Those who go off wanting to be heroes and wanting to die always come back alive maybe broken but alive. God's  giving them the chance to value life, to see all that they have.

Only the good die young. He kknows this but his defintion of good is twisted and perverted one. He wants to die to protect those he loves but in the act he only leaves them broken-hearted and alone. Leaves them left in darkness, lost, they fight with God. They want to know how He could let this happen.

He wants to be a hero. The kind that never comes home and leaves those he loves behind and all alone. Wish i could tell him... The real hero is the one who fights for those he loves but doesn't want to die for them. He fights to live because they are his reason to live.

He wants to be a Hero.....

 

 

© 2009 Tallulah


Author's Note

Tallulah
...I like this..I know its not my best work but it came from the heart and thats why i like it so much. critique as much as u want and be as honest as possible.
With love,
Tallulah <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are many acts of heroism that go on in this world, not all requiring the sacrifice of ones own life. And although I believe that fighting and possibly dying for your cause (be it faith, family or country) is a noble and selfless deed, it should never be done for vain or rash reasons.

As hard as it often is in times and situations like these, we have to trust the God we fight against and believe He will make everything right.
Even when He seems not to hear or care, I remember that the God I know is no stranger to sacrifice...
Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really happening quite often nowadays, and it seems no one has anything to life for. But God sees all has a reason for everything if we'd merely ask. I really enjoyed reading this heartfelt piece.

jkb

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2009

Author

Tallulah
Tallulah

NY



About
Hi! My name's Tallulah! I'm a 16 year old girl. There's not much to say about me. I like to write, draw, read and run. I love music and am trying to learn to play the guitar....failing at it though. I.. more..

Writing