Fasted

Fasted

A Poem by falsename

I’ve found that great moments are created out of desperate circumstances.  When the pain and struggle become palpable, and the mind and body fight to remain upright, then the will is truly tested.  This energy is a craft blend.  Getting to this point requires keen resourcefulness.  The mind will wane and adjust, and the body will follow.  The prevailing factor is the unconquerable will.  When the calories are low, lean tissue surfaces along with a stronger psyche.  The reason for persistence becomes somewhat primal, and time slows to a crawl.  Each second is felt.  Every breath becomes resonant.  Time becomes a part of the physical body--wasting it is a form of suicide.  One must not wait.  Resilience is born through this deficit, and the mind’s inner dialogue begins to intensify.  When the body is depleted, all sensations are magnified.  A silent moment can be overwhelming--it’s well deserved.  Abundance is a reflection--a point when scarcity is met with influx.  One’s worth becomes synonymous with one’s will to endure struggle.

© 2017 falsename


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on March 7, 2017
Tags: spoken word, fasted, false name

Author

falsename
falsename

CA



Writing
Bound Bound

A Poem by falsename


MB MB

A Poem by falsename