LIFE AND LOVE IS BEAUTY

LIFE AND LOVE IS BEAUTY

A Poem by melissa's heart
"

A LOVE POEM

"

LIFE AND LOVE IS BEAUTY

Life is beauty, or don't you know that the journey is in part the fun.

The begining is the exciting part, where the adventure has just begun.

To see something for the very first time, the wonder of its creation.

To know you can explore its beauty without the limitations.

 

I remember when I first saw you, a wonder all your own, tall, dark, and handome.

I could tell you wanted to ravish me or even hold me for ransome.

I had to make you wait quite a while, for I knew you liked the chase.

For I was untouched, which made you want me the more, my purity you wanted to erase.

 

To cover me in your sweet luster of beauty, to ignite passions I never knew existed.

For you were experienced and I was not, but I was sure I'd like to be inlisted.

Like a lion after its prey, for almost a year I avoided capture, but when you

finally caught me, my body you did rapture.

 

You took me gently, and not by force, you made me feel unspeakable things.

Beneath the moonlight you made me fall deeper in love with you, with all the beauty that your love brings.

Yes you took my flower that I had clung to and saved just for you.

But the inexplicable beauty of its reward was pleasure I never knew.

 

Your love brought dreams into my life that I never knew existed.

I wanted to be the mother of your children, your wife, and too many things to be listed.

I never such beauty that in one man I would find the meaning that would be my life.

My fulfillment comes everyday that I wake up lucky enough to be your wife.

 

I look at the beauty of the world around me as it is covered by the morning dew.

But none of it compares my dear to the beautiful sight of you.

I still dream about your touch and its been over 25 years, for you see.

That in all these years nothing has compared to the way you keep loving me.

 

© 2012 melissa's heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A really poignant poem ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


melissa's heart

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate the review and God bless.
A very pleasant read. I really like the last stanza, especially the first line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


melissa's heart

11 Years Ago

thanks dear friend, I appreciate the support
He is a lucky man. 25 years and still holding tight to happiness. I like the positive feel to the poem. I enjoyed the story and the very nice ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


melissa's heart

11 Years Ago

thank you for you kind words, this was one of my serious, yet humerous ones, I was feeling a little .. read more
~Wipes away tear~ That was so beautiful!!!! To have a long lasting relationship is such a beautiful accomplishment

Posted 11 Years Ago


melissa's heart

11 Years Ago

thank you vey much, he is a wonderful man and I love him more than my own life, and he me.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012

Author

melissa's heart
melissa's heart

KY



About
My name is Melissa Williamosn and I have been enamered with poetry since I was a child. It gave me a voice to express all the emotions that were inside of me, that were hidden form the rest of the wo.. more..

Writing