Where are you?

Where are you?

A Poem by Faye Donnelly

You scream “All Lives Matter!” in my face.                    Yet I find that your tongue is coated in a lie.


Where are you while black boys and girls are showered in blood?


Where are you while children hide in the corner of a classroom told to be quiet?


Where are you while women are r*ped until their last breath but there is no conviction?


Where are you while children are abused by their mothers and fathers and scars coat their bodies?


Where are you while little girls starve themselves to mirror the image on the magazine?


Where are you while people are killed for embracing their hearts of rainbow color?


Where are you while depression swallows children whole and they only receive laughter?


Where are you while honor killings exist across the sea?


Where are you while women are kidnapped against their will to wed an unknown man?


Where are you while the sick and injured perish because their bank account has run dry?


Where are you while women are beaten by their husbands?


Where are you while the homeless are kicked and spit upon in their tents?


Where are you while babies cry in orphanages left without a family?


Where are you while women die from a fetus destroying their bodies?


Where are you while children flee from bullets only to find themselves in a cage?


Where are you while families watch bombs fall upon their home?


Where are you while a black man has a knee to his throat, choking the words, “I can’t breathe.”


I don’t see you.                                                                          It seems you are silent.


All lives will matter when All Lives Matter


Do I make myself clear?

© 2020 Faye Donnelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on June 5, 2020
Last Updated on June 5, 2020
Tags: human rights, women, African Americans, refugee, Native American, Asian American, Muslim, school, children, stereotypes, change

Author

Faye Donnelly
Faye Donnelly

OR



About
I'm a young girl who wants her voice to be heard. more..

Writing
Camera Camera

A Poem by Faye Donnelly