A Note

A Note

A Poem by 747
"

This is about people who make a difference vs. those who don't.

"

Some people,

Like those I see,

Matter.

And are

Quite noteworthy.

 

Then there are,

Others.

Like me.

We are not

So noteworthy.

 

We try to be;

Always friendly,

Ever trying…

But we

Are never worthy.

 

So I would like

To extend,

A smile and bow

To all of you,

So worthy.

 

I resign

From forever trying,

And always crying...

Because I am not

Note-worthy.

© 2016 747


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hi
come now,are any of us worthy, i like this poem it tells the story of someone
unsure of who they are or who they might want to be.
good write

Posted 7 Years Ago


We are all sociable by nature and find it necessary to be wanted and needed so that we know our place in society."We try to be; Always friendly, Ever trying…But we Are never worthy." To the contrary, those who extend kindness to others may not realize the positive affect they may have on other's lives. A kindred soul is very in-tuned and sensitive to another's feelings.This is a beautiful quality. In fact those who assume they are not worthy are in essense are most note-worthy after all. I really enjoyed your poem.It was nicely written and well expressed. We are all noteworthy. Thanks for sharing.


Posted 7 Years Ago


One thing life has taught me. You never know whom you reach out and touch in life and how you affect people. The poem in a whole lot less words and time expresses the same thing as that Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie. I can't remember its name, it has been to many years, but in the movie he no longer exists and gets to see just how many different ways his life was noteworthy. It is a feeling we all share at times, those of us that are not in the public eye, or a millionaire or whatever. True noteworthiness is in the day to day way you live your life. A wonderful poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

Yes. Such as "You never know how far the ripples of your actions go". I know this, but while I hold .. read more
we are all worthy in our own way---and one thing that proves you are is your words....so many can relate to the feelings you expressed, identify.

as Plath said "readers want to know from someone who has been there and felt the worst"---

what you share, helps others reflect and understand themselves better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

Indeed. Thank you for reading and taking the time to share your thoughts.
you are worthy. No one is not. Never believe you are not. Why are you here on this planet?
The reason you are here, is to allow others to know you. To know you, is to realize that you
worthy. Never allow the reader to forget you, for you are important, that is why are here.
You offered those, who are not read, to allow their voice to be heard. You have to be able
to give them a voice.

I thank you for the support. Keep the faith, you are worthy. Never give up, do not admit defeat that is what churchil said to the people of britian. They did not give up, they did not. Keep the faith.

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

I know this is true. Though there are still times when it is hard to see the value of what I have to.. read more
This was bittersweet. I love this. You are an exceptional poet. And you are note-worthy. I can't wait to read the rest of your work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Jupiter. I'm glad you liked it.
Your poem alone has just made you very note-worthy!

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

Haha, well thank you. I will assume that means you liked it.
Carolynn

8 Years Ago

Very much :)
When I finished reading this, the words came into one ear and didn't go through the other. They just stayed inside. I really like this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


747

8 Years Ago

That was a beautiful way of describing this. Thank you so much, Dana.
justdandy

8 Years Ago

Awww... Thank you for writing this. :)
747

8 Years Ago

Sorry it took me so long! I'm really glad you liked it though.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

633 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 6, 2016

Author

747
747

Alberta, Canada



About
I'm not going to lie anymore, I'm not very active nowadays. That said, If you message me I will respond in a reasonable time-frame; whether it be to request a review, just to say hi, or any number o.. more..

Writing
The Darkness The Darkness

A Poem by 747


Take It & Run Take It & Run

A Story by 747


Through a Night Through a Night

A Story by 747