The Boston Tea Party- my version

The Boston Tea Party- my version

A Story by felicitayy
"

This was a historical narrative for social studies. I love it, so I thought I'd give it a try!!

"

 

I never thought that I would end up in this spot. Here with my best friend, and the only person I would ever want to be with. Hi, I'm Felicity. I am 16 years old. The year is 1773. Britain is taxing us on tea, and my parents are not happy. To be frank, neither am I. I think we should be able to tax ourselves. My best friend, Amelia, also agrees with this opinion. The boy I love, Patrick, comes from a family of colonial leaders, but he thinks that the Tea Act is a bad idea.

So this is where my story begins. The exact date is December 16, 1773. Christmas is coming up, but many colonists are too preoccupied with the new Tea Act. This new act states that we will be taxed on tea. It also says that the British East India Company will be the only business allowed to bring tea to Boston. We think that this will monopolize our tea trade system. My dad, Samuel Adams, is a member of an organization called the Sons of Liberty. They are organizing a protest against the act. Amelia's father is also a member of the Sons of Liberty; her father is my father's best friend. Patrick's dad is the governor of Boston, and although his parents are very loyal to Britain, he still believes that the Tea Act is bad. So, Patrick is the youngest member of the Sons of Liberty.

One day, the Sons of Liberty were having a meeting at my house. It was Saturday afternoon. Amelia was at my house, and we were talking about my secret crush on Patrick. "Felicity, why don't you just tell Patrick that you love him? It will be easier, and if you two are together, then you could be a powerful couple who could help save our colony," said Amelia. "Because Amelia, I do not want to get hurt. He does not love me and will not love me. I don't want to have to deal with unnecessary drama at this time. We have enough on our hands," I explained. Well, little did I know that Patrick was in the next room over and heard this whole conversation through the walls. Those darn walls! I swear, they need to be thicker! Anyway, after Amelia and I finished our conversation, we went up to the wall and leaned our ears against it, hoping to hear about what was going on with the Sons of Liberty. "I say we dump all of their tea into the harbor! We shall not take the tea from the company when we can just make our own! Who is with me?" exclaimed my father, Samuel Adams. And to think, ten years earlier my father loved Great Britain with all of his heart. "I agree! We shall dump the tea in the harbor tomorrow night! Dressed as Natives so that the British don't recognize us. It's brilliant! Alright, meeting adjourned." said Mr. Franklin.

So, the next night, Patrick, Amelia, all of the Sons of Liberty, the people of Boston and I went to the Boston Harbor. Even though the women were not allowed to get involved, they could watch and help the men escape if they needed it. It was Sunday night, so everyone was tired from going to Church earlier (we go every week, we are very faithful to our church). But there was a feeling of excited energy throughout the crowd. Then, on the count of three, the men went on to the ships and started dumping the tea. I watched Patrick as he dumped tea into the harbor, then cheered with glory. I swear, sometimes that boy can get into more trouble than he can handle! But I don't care, I would do anything to be with him. Anyway, all of the women started helping the men as they came running off of the ship. Then, Patrick came running straight into me. "Oh, I'm sorry Felicity. Did you see me dumping the tea? It was so much fun! I wish you could have helped; this seems like something you'd be good at," Patrick said, and then he winked. "Oh well I wish I could. I would have loved to take a crate and thrown it in the water," I said sadly. "Well then I'll sneak you on board, I left one crate just for you," he said.

Patrick grabbed my hand and we quietly ran on the ship. He led me the the very back of the ship where one crate of tea was sitting on the edge. "Go on then Felicity, take the crate and throw it!" Patrick said excitedly. "Patrick please, I am not strong enough. Help me," I exclaimed, hoping he would grab my hand again. "Ok, you take that end, and I'll take this one," he explained. I grabbed the right end, and he grabbed the left, then we threw the crate into the water. As I watched it float away, Patrick grabbed my waist. "Woah! Patrick, you scared me! What is the matter?" I asked. "I heard that you love me. I am here to tell you that we would be perfect together, and I do love you too," he said softly. "Oh Patrick, I do. Thank you," I said exuberantly. "Well, we should probably get off of this ship. We gotta get back to the dock to celebrate!" he said happily!

So, I got my happy ending. Now, I'm standing on the docks of the Boston Harbor celebrating our victory. Patrick is holding my hand, and screaming "No more tax!" Amelia is watching us, and telling me how she was right. Now that the colonists are uniting against the British, everything is going to change. Even though there is a lot of drama ahead, I know I will be OK. As long as I have my family, friends, and love around me, my life will continue to be a great adventure.

© 2008 felicitayy


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

felicitayy
ignore grammar and comma issues.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 16, 2008

Author

felicitayy
felicitayy

carmel by the bay, CA



About
usually i like to keep things short and simple. i am straight up to the point. you could say that i am like simon cowell, only a much nicer one. i like to incorporate good things into constructive cri.. more..

Writing