For The Female Is More Deadly Than The Male

For The Female Is More Deadly Than The Male

A Story by femtastic
"

Femme fatale. A society poisoned

"
A quote from the poem The Female Of The Species, written by Rudyard Kipling. The poem defends its claim that woman are more deadly than men by naming different species of animals, and how woman appear to be more aggressive than the male. If a male snake hears human footsteps, he will scurry out of the way, while a female snake won't flinch. The amazing thing about literature, is that it is so abstract, meaning it can be interpreted differently by the mind of each beholder. When taking in information, it is a lot easier to comprehend when it can be related to something going on in your personal life. It makes sense. You learn by experiance. I believe I came to my understanding of the poem based on what I have witnessed recently in my life, and what I have witnessed in modern day as a whole.

fem•i•nism
/femə,nizəm/
noun
the advocacy of woman's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
synonyms: liberation, woman's movement, feminist

The topic of equal rights for men and woman has dated back hundreds of years. Just like it was hundreds of years ago, it is still a current, controversial topic today. Feminism is extremely broad, but the main idea is the fact that woman should have the same rights and be treated the same as men. People have developed the preconception that all feminists are woman. In order to be a feminist you do not have to be a woman. Many males consider themselves feminists. It doesn't make them any less of a man if they believe woman should be equal to them, because it does not set woman above men. But just like men can be feminists, not all woman can be for, or supporting the idea of feminism.

s**t-shaming: The judgement objectifying and passed on the sexuality of women, often of teenage years, that her choice of revealing or tight apparel is indicative of consent if not encouraged to sexual intimacy.

You can be against feminism in many ways without even realizing the fact. But the reason I am referring to the subject is because of the act of s**t shaming. The definition is already pointed toward women. A male is never mentioned. S**t shaming can be whether you reveal certain areas of your body or your sexual actions. A man can sleep with multiple women and get no shame from anyone, while a girl can be verbally and mentally abused if she sleeps one or maybe two. Social media is getting more popular by the day, allowing this activity to become more common. Girls are cyber bullied for posting pictures that show off cleavage. They are judged based on how much makeup they wear or how much it looks like they are popping out their butt in a photo. And it may seem like a shock, but the majority of people doing the damage of pointing out what they feel is appropriate and inappropriate for girls to wear, is done by other females.

When I looked up the definition for "Femm Fetale", it was described as a seductive woman. A dangerous woman. But I believe whether you choose to show off your body in "provocative" ways doesn't define if you are a femm fetale. It is how dangerous you are as a woman. Woman define each other more than men define woman based off these actions.

Females are more cautious of how they are seen by other females rather than how they are seen by men. They put down each other based on what they wear, do with guys, and post on social media. I have been in situations where girls have called other girls w****s and s***s based upon these things. Not knowing the girl personally, just knowing how they dress is "innapropriate" or "showing off". We have all been told not to judge a book by its cover, but how many people actually follow that saying?

Everyone is different. People can have things in common with others, but are still different because they don't share all of the same qualities. You can like the same type of music as someone, but still be different because you enjoy a different genre of movies than them. Since people are made up of various things that make them unique, one characteristic doesn't define you.

I am not saying you have to agree with everything someone says or wears, but I am saying you have to respect them and their decisions. If someone shows off more skin than you, that doesn't mean they are worth any less than you. People should not be beaten up and terrorized over little things such as these.

Your actions do not define you.
How you dress does not define you.
What you "post" should not define you.
Many different traits make up a person and they should not be judged based on only one of them.
Because you show off your cleavage does not make you a bad person.
Because you post pictures that appear to reveal certain body parts does not define you. The number of guys you kiss does not define you.

On several occasions I have seen a girl post a revealing picture on social media, and minutes later have been put in a group conversation where other girls judge her based on the photo. They call her a s**t. A w***e. A tease. A thot. They say "She needs Jesus".
One of the things that define sexism is how girls define other girls in these ways. We already have men defining us, so why do we have to do it to each other? As a species we are suppose to stick together and look out for one another. We do not want to be stereotyped, so why are we stereotypical toward each other. We are insulting women (ourselves) as a whole and are moving further away from a solution.

Society won't change unless we do. We are society. We are the change. They say men are the only ones standing between women becoming equal to them. That is not the case. We are promoting this behavior. As woman we are judging other woman based off sexist claims.
This is not a helpless cause. There are so many little steps you can take in order to make a change in society and how woman are seen and treated by each other. If you do not agree with what someone else is posting, simply unfollow them and do not associate with them. It is not your job to judge anyone or put anyone down for little things, for no one is perfect. If you see someone being discriminated against for one little thing, stick up for them. One trait does not define you or anyone as a person. Maybe you can go out of your way to get to know them before you make your assumptions.

As I said before, the world won't change unless we change. All of these negative vibes are so unnecessary. You owe it to yourself not to get worked up over what other people are doing that do not concern you. You can only control yourself, not others. But until the day comes when women try to change themselves and not each other, these battles will continue. We will move farther away from equality.

That is why I believe females are more dangerous than men. We judge each other. We belittle each other. We make each other feel worthless. Girls take to heart what other girls say about them more than what boys say.

The female are more deadly to the equal rights of human beings than the man.




© 2015 femtastic


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
Added on August 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 18, 2015
Tags: feminism, cometogerher, changetheworld, stereotypes, youarebeautiful

Author

femtastic
femtastic

Louisville , KY



About
expressing myself and my love for writing (: more..