The Light

The Light

A Story by 5th Story Window

One day, she saw the light. 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

The bright light shone in her eyes, as she drunkenly stumbled from her lime green beetle.  He asked her if she had been drinking, Her slurred answer consisted of no words. 

 

There were sirens all around her, an explosion of red and blue lights appeared before her and crying could be heard from her back seat.

 

"Was there anyone in there with you?" he asked.

 

She shook her head, confused, what is going on?

 

The man pushed her to the side, screaming, something about children.  Wait...I have children... 

 

He flung the door open and pulled a little girl out.  She couldn't have been more than three.  Her face, covered in blood. She was unconscious, and her body was limp when he placed her on the ground.  "We need a medic here!" He screamed. 

 

The baby, where's the baby? She thought to herself, unable to make the words come out.

 

The man sobbed as he reached into the front seat where the baby's body laid.

 

There was no use trying to save her...

 

The medics arrived, taking the little girl into their ambulance, trying to revive her.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Now she sits at a funeral where last of her family being buried in the wet soil...her 6 month old daughter Emma and her 2 year old Jamie.  She sat there sobbing...her hands handcuffed, and armed men all around her. 

 

 

© 2010 5th Story Window


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the pace of the story. Personally, I like to jump right into the action, when I am reading. I am not sure about the title; I like surprises from the very beginning, but maybe playing a little more with the idea of seeing / not seeing the light? I am not sure.
Thanks for sharing your gift.
Blessings!
-AlexV

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on November 22, 2010
Last Updated on November 22, 2010

Author

5th Story Window
5th Story Window

Canada



About
Hi ~ I've somehow lost touch with my creative side after high school, and this is my attempt to bring meaning back into life. I hope you enjoy reading my various entries that I'm going to try to make.. more..

Writing