Why?

Why?

A Story by fionnaiscool
"

Story I wrote when I was in elementary school... I didn't change anything, except maybe spelling. and incomplete sentences.

"

               Why?

Ego pronounced Eego.

 

     A long time ago lived a young prince named Ego. He lived with his father, mother, and older sister in a huge castle. He was a small boy, about 6 years old. Ego was always exploring in the castle yard. One day when he was walking through the flowers and looking up at the big blue sky he got a wonderful question. First he asked his dad, Suero, who was busy training his soldiers, "Daddy? Why are flowers pretty, and why is the sky blue?" asked Ego.

    "Not now son. I'm busy." Suero answered.

     Then he went to his mom, Faroa, and asked again," Why are flowers pretty and why is the sky blue?"

      Faroa answered," Not now son, I'm busy." She was doing Panira's hair. Panira was Ego's older sister.

      At the dinner table he asked his parents again. They both said," Not now son. We are eating."

     Now Ego was almost ready to give up. He had only one hope.

      When Ego went to bed his nurse Kimono followed. She was a very wise old woman. Kimono tucked him in every night. That night he asked her," Kimono? Why are flowers pretty, and why is the sky blue?"

      She answered," Sonny, I might never know, but I do know that there are many stories about that. You are a smart boy. You can find the one that is true."

      Ego wondered and wondered about that. Finally one day when he was 18 he understood. So, he started reading all the stories. When he was 26 he finally found out which story was true. He was ready to be king and teach generations of children what he learned. He was so glad. 

© 2010 fionnaiscool


Author's Note

fionnaiscool
Wrote when I was in like 4th grade, but I came across this, and thought it was cute. please don't try to correct grammar and stuff...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2010