Lie To Me

Lie To Me

A Story by FireFly
"

What is darkness but a deceptive guise?

"

"Lie to me, sir", the young girl whispered to the darkness. Pressing in on all sides, it threatened to suffocate her.

"Who are you, child? What is it you seek?"

The girl shifted her weight so that the light of the moon fell on her face, illuminating grisly scars that cover her once beautiful visage. "Oh, sir, all I want is for you to lie to me."

The darkness seemed to shiver with irritation. "But why, girl? Why would you ever want to be lied to? I control you. You want happiness, yes?"

A single silver tear escaped the golden eye of the girl. "Oh yes, sir, I do want happiness."

The darkness pressed into the girl even closer than before. "Then why on Earth would you want me to lie to you? Answer me, child!"

The young girl grimaced as the force of the darkness nearly stole her breath away. "Sir, I wish for you to lie to me because the truth is written in your eyes."

© 2012 FireFly


Author's Note

FireFly
Stories seem to be coming to me easier....thoughts? Reviews?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong poem. You create a sad vision with your words. poor girl needed to hear kind words. last line made this poem complete. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... I like the ending. This is magnificent, while being short. I liked your imagery, creative personification and sentence starters. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012

Author

FireFly
FireFly

OH



About
I'm a college sophomore who loves to write. I also like strawberries, sunshine, running, reading, and music of all kinds. "Sleep perchance to dream" more..

Writing
Lifeless Lifeless

A Poem by FireFly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SEX SEX

A Poem by The Nude Writer


Naughty ;) Naughty ;)

A Poem by Quill~


Do You Remember? Do You Remember?

A Chapter by ashley