Replaced?!

Replaced?!

A Story by axishetalia
"

One hour. It is now or never. Nothing or forever.

"

It hurts. It hurts. It f*****g hurt.

The realization that you are going to disappear forever. The realization that you are going to wake up to a different face. A different smell. A different bed. Seeing a different person making you breakfast in bed. Shopping with a different person with a different taste. Showing your secret sides, which only I have known, to another person. Laughing with another person. Giggling. Hugging. Kissing. Sex.

It was supposed to be me, wasn’t it? Wasn’t it what we had planned? Our wedding, our life together, our honeymoon.

It hurts, you know. It hurts. But there you are, all smiles for him. Your life laid out for you nicely. With each step you take towards him, the half of my heart that belonged to you fell off piece by piece. With each piece, my soul darkened a bit more.

We could have been forever. We could have been together. We could have been one.

My Queen is getting married to a stuck-up, arrogant and vile creature. The look on his face is revolting, repulsing. It makes me want to rip his face off. He looks like a player, one who marries and divorce as if life is a game to see who can get the most number of wives in one lifetime.

I thrashed around in my bed. Picturing you making that wedding vow. Picturing you in your wedding bed, making love to someone other than me. Wasn’t that person supposed to be me? I wanted to spend my forever with you. It has always been you. No one else. Yet, there you are, all smiles and laughter, getting married to that creature.

“If you’re going to mope and sulk around all day, get your a*s up and go get her! Moping won’t change anything! I can’t see you like this anymore. Go.” My mother leaned against my door.

“Tsk, you did not even approve of our relationship in the first place. Why now? Don’t go all ‘enjoy now suffer later’ on me again. I’m sick and tired of that s**t.” I glared away from her.

A flicker of hurt flashed on her face, then softened.

“Love is love, my dear. It doesn’t matter who it is with. I-I was wrong and naïve and selfish. I couldn’t see things the way you do. Things weren’t the same for me back then. I never realised that.” She sighed. “And now I do. So right this instant, get your a*s up and dress. I’ll drive you there. If you mess s**t up, there won’t be a second time. Don’t tell your father about this. I’m looking for a place you two can stay in. I’ll pay for the first year of rent, as an apology.”

“Aw mum, you don’t have to.”

“You’re 20 now. You can’t stay with us forever. Besides, it’s time you made your own choices now. Ah, but even if you’re 20, you’re still mummy’s girl. Your father will never approve of this, but I want you two to keep this secret for a few years or so, until things settle down. But for now, you need to get her back. You got a plan?”

I frowned, “Um….about that. Think dressing up as a masked guy, running in, grabbing her, and running off would work?”

“If you’re a guy, maybe. Come on, ‘les’ be serious. Ha-ha, get it? Okay, seriously.”

“Then I don’t know what else to do. Right this moment, she’s probably in her wedding dress already, smiling and all that.”

“How about you just tell her the truth? This happened because of that fight you had two weeks ago, right? Patch things up. Go straight down the aisle, and scream. Tell her how you feel. Apologise.”

“She started it first!”

“Look, dimwit. You have my looks but your brain is exactly like your father’s. If you really want her back, if you really love her, suck it up and get rid of your pride for just that moment. Look, we don’t have time. If, and only IF, you manage to pull this through, I’ll get you a car. Any car you want.”

“Really?” I jumped up from the bed.

“Really.”

It was the longest half hour drive ever. I ran over countless simulations in my head, figuring out which is best for recovering my lover. Each simulation involved violence. Well, I did bring a pair of nun chucks and a small dagger, which was passed down through generations by my ancestors. I spun my dagger round my right hand, just racking my brain through new simulations. We flashed past a couple cuddling on a park bench.

That should have been us, right? Not you and that vile creature. Why, of all people, you had to choose him? You know that all he cares about is the huge fortune you will inherit once your parents pass away. You know that, and yet, you still chose him. For the sake of your parents’ happiness and reputation. Have you ever thought once about your own? Don’t you want to be happy too? On your own terms? With the one person, you love the most?

You are being selfish to yourself. For once, put yourself first before others. This marriage will bind you forever, steals away your freedom. I, for one, know that you love freedom more than anything. You gave that up for that-that…insect. You don’t even love him.

A tear broke free from its prison. How do I know all those things, you might ask, my love? Because that night, that one fateful night, I was unbeknownst about what was going to happen, you told me. As you explained, you smiled. You smiled. But yet, to me, I could see your soul was crying, begging for someone to save it. Your eyes smiled, yet it imprisoned the flood that was longing to come pouring out. I was waiting for you to break down, to tell me the truth, yet you held your own.

How is it that you’re so strong yet so weak?

How did you lie to me, knowing that I could see through you as easily as I saw through all your other facades?

How is it that you never gave a thought to yourself, save a decision?

How can you smile so easily when your soul has been clearly shattered?

But, my dear, let me tell you one thing.

The eyes never lie.

They never lie.

I’m coming to get you.

I will save you.

© 2017 axishetalia


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: last resort, desperate, love, wedding, girlxgirl, crash wedding

Author

axishetalia
axishetalia

Singapore, North, Singapore



About
Hey hey, I would state my full name but it is too long so just call me Axis or Fi. I live in Singapore, 20 years old, still studying. I have been writing my own stories for a while now and thought t.. more..

Writing