untitled

untitled

A Story by Frank D
"

its about a college student named John

"

The only way john could pass the exam was by cheating. He had not even read a single chapter in his textbook. He asked himself, rhetorically 'why did I take theoretical physics again?' It’s not that the subject didn’t interest him, it was just that other things had been on his mind lately. Lena Petranowa for one thing. He had been checking her out the whole semester and now here it was mid-terms and he finally managed to get a date with her - sort of a date, anyway. They were going to meet at the Starbucks in the cafeteria for coffee and go over her English essays. Somehow she had gotten the impression that John was an exceptionally gifted English student (this accolade coming from none other than himself).

“if you don’t take chances,” said the man in striped pajamas, “you might as well not be alive.” John remembered that from when he was in detox the year earlier and ever since it had become his mantra. The aforementioned pajamas being his trademark, along with the spongy smiley face slippers. He had been mumbling all kinds of crazy sayings like that one since his arrival. 

To be continued...

© 2011 Frank D


Author's Note

Frank D
Just doing some writing exercises from the writers toolbox. I don't know where this is going yet. It's a free from exercise. Any comments on style, storyline, and grammar are welcome : )
Thanks
FD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 10, 2011
Last Updated on March 10, 2011

Author

Frank D
Frank D

Staten Island, NY



About
Aspiring amateur writer, interested in one day becoming published. I have a lot of story's in my head that need to be put on paper (or at least some digital media) : ) more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Story by Frank D