The earthquake

The earthquake

A Story by Senya
"

A boy has a hard time after an earthquake

"
Chapter 1: The warning
I was a quiet night in 1970. George was listening to the radio with his father as they ate their favorite popcorn, kettle corn. I was about seven o'clock in the evening. Suddenly his father heard on the radio that there was an earthquake being expected in about ten minutes. George  wasn’t listening, he was just waiting for the lamp posts to go on. His mother and sister were at the doctor, his sister was pretty sick. He could hear his father scrambling in the box of first aid. He had no idea what would happen in the next ten minutes. Then it happened…

Chapter 2: The earthquake
The floor started to shake. Now he understood why his father was scrambling in the first aid. Of course, he quickly did what they did at school for practice. He went under his father desk just as the ceiling fell. Then the radio stopped and the earthquake stopped. He went to the where his father lay. Dead. I felt like he had just swallowed a handful of nails. He did not know if his mother and sister were ok, and he started to cry. He could hear other children crying too. 

Chapter 3: The aftershock
He wanted to punch himself and thinking, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY! That’s when the aftershock came and the door fell. I was pretty dark outside and inside. Then a miracle happened, he father started to breathe and he ran over to him and started to shake his father. His father was not dead! George and his father walked over to the doctor because his father’s knee hurt. George found his sister coming to him but mother was dead...

© 2016 Senya


Author's Note

Senya
please no mean reviews ):

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: short

Author

Senya
Senya

Redwood City, CA



About
i'm a 13 year old that like writing about emotional stories. I used to make my own site on google sites but then I found someone using MY story on THEIR site so i found this site and I hope no one wi.. more..