Beyond The Rainbow

Beyond The Rainbow

A Story by Zoya

    As we all know, almost everything that exists in this world has a dark side to it. Same goes for the rainbow, which, nearly all of us, peruse as a mere splendid arc of colours adorning the sky after heavy showers. But all is not what it seems. Everyone likes to keep secrets; the rainbow is no exception. Behind the beauty of the rainbow hides something…something gloomy, something dark, something that would scare the hell out of you…yes, indeed, it’s the dark world!

    Just talking of the dark world would automatically create an eerie atmosphere around you. In the dark world the air is cold, reeking heavily of the gore. Rivers of slime run around the place, falling down high cliffs forming gooey cascades. The little vegetation that one finds in the dark world consists of tall blades of grass which have been dying of thirst of late; blood being the only liquid supplied to them. One may also find trees which grow bones instead of fruits. Unusually tall people, witches and wizards precisely, roam the lands. Each of them own a palatial domicile, no different than the Buckingham Palace itself (their homes contain bathrooms or not is still an unsolved mystery, though. That gives you an idea of how unpleasant they smell, I hope). There barely is any light in the dark world. Everything is ten times creepier than the darkest nights experienced in our world.

    Looks can be deceiving. People are usually deceived by the bright colours of the rainbow, the smooth structure it seems to have, the magical environment it creates. But folks, do not forget, witches have a neat hand at casting spells, too. Thanks to the inhabitants of the dark world; to keep their world a secret, they all get to work after rainfall. Humans: known to be the wisest creatures on the planet are, in my opinion, the most foolish creatures as well. Easily tricked by the charm the colourful strip produces, they all believe what their naked eye sees.

    The dark truth that lies behind is going unnoticed up till today. Just some, who have the capability to dig deep into the folds of everything, are able to decipher the truths that have been cleverly hidden. And no offence, I consider myself to be one of them, after all the theory I have presented in front of you could be well relied upon (well, you will soon believe me when the horrific creatures themselves descend to the land and hold us captives for considering ourselves the wisest of all). For now, all I can do is stare out of the window and adore the ‘beauty’ of the rainbow, but only when I have a blanket wrapped up around myself cause, you know, imagining the world over the rainbow can sure send chills down my spine.

© 2018 Zoya


Author's Note

Zoya
What world do you hope to find over the rainbow?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Zoe. I enjoyed your words and thoughts.
For now, all I can do is stare out of the window and adore the ‘beauty’ of the rainbow, but only when I have a blanket wrapped up around myself cause, you know, imagining the world over the rainbow can sure send chills down my spine."
I liked the above lines. I liked the rainbow. Mystery and tale can be written. Thank you for sharing the amzing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts here, Coyote. Really appreciate it :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Was my pleasure Zoe and you are welcome.



Reviews

never really thought about it,maybe your right

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Maybe...Thank you for reading and reviewing!
Rainbow.. a good topic to be written over.. and impressive piece...
Keep on writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Priyanshi! :)
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

My pleasure.
A lovely fantasy zoe. A strong and lively imagination is a writer's greatest asset. So keep that ink flowing and the muse running.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

I agree. Thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it.
DIVYA

6 Years Ago

You are so welcome.
Critique: (as a mere splendid arc of colours that adorns the sky) adorn - The verb "adorns" does not agree with the subject "that" I suggest changing the verb form
(Everyone likes to keep secrets; rainbow) the rainbow - The noun phrase "rainbow" is missing a determiner before it

Review: I like it, I don't remember anyone using a rainbows as a gateway to the land of darkness. The yen/yang beginning was great thinking and inspires your readers to consider just what does the rainbow hide. Masterfully written my friend Bravo! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the constructive review! Much appreciated ^^
Bear

6 Years Ago

This is the kind of short story I can see publishers of many magazines both online and in paper prin.. read more
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Really? Quite good to hear that.
I really do think that you have a lot of talent for a 14 year old. I think you should expand your story more. If you do expand this story more I world really like to read it. Keep up the good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

If I do expand the story, I'll let you know. Thanks again!
I was reading your story and I really think it was great. While I was reading it I was thinking about the my ying yang tattoo. Reason why I got it is because I believe everything in life has a balance.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Oh, glad you could relate! Thanks much
You write very well for one of such a young age. This could also be applied to the political climate: behind the sweet promises and colorful banners, dark and dangerous "creatures" lurk to bend, shape and even destroy all those huddled masses who think they see clearly. Many would use images of the "children" and rainbow Skittle colors to deceive and squander the natural beauty we, the people, see. Thank you for a good read this Saturday morning.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Wow...what a perfect application. Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate it!
You wouldnt think a 14 year old could pull this off Zoe but you did with aplomb.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Aplomb? Hmm..never heard of the word. Well, now I know...thanks to you xD And thanks much for review.. read more
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Oooh it's one of my most favorite words to use.
welcome !
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Lol...I gotta work hard with my vocabulary.
great...keep it up........


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
So, this was all about how looks can be deceiving. The more in which I read your writing, the more I see it it growing in how you present it to the reader. This was really well written and took me into a world beyond the rainbow. The sentences were really tight and flowed beautifully. I felt I was taken into a glimpse of another world which exists beyond anything us humans have seen. But that in itself shows a great use of the imagination. I love the idea of creatures coming across the land too - It created quite powerful images of doom and gloom. To turn something bright and beautiful and to twist it around into something dark and sinister takes some doing. But that's exactly what you have done here, and have pulled it off with ease. I can imagine you writing this at the time and how joyful you must have felt when you pulled it off. It really is an exceptional piece to have read and I for one got really involved at how deep it went.

FANTASTIC PIECE ZOE.

Very well done, and well thought out.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Oh my...thats high praise...Thank you! Feel really happy :)
matrixmark

6 Years Ago

Praise which you deserve.

Mark.
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

947 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on May 8, 2018

Author

Zoya
Zoya

India



About
Twenty-one and learning🌻 more..

Writing
Forevers Forevers

A Story by Zoya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya