The Stars

The Stars

A Story by Blooming Flower

There darkening sky awakens all of the night insects. Crickets and Cicadas start chirping their songs and the fireflies emerge. The tall meadow grass rustles with the breeze. The sky above is alive with stars. They twinkle above and along with the moon light the ground below. Sitting in the tall grass is a small girl. Her eyes stare up at the sky with an intense gaze. She’s waiting patiently. After long minutes a steak of light falls through the sky. Seconds later another one appears. A meteor shower. The small girls eyes widen in amazement. She’s waited all year for this. Now that it’s happening she doesn’t want it to end. She lays back and watches the rest of the shower. When it ends she begrudgingly walks back to her house. She lays in her bed and closes her eyes. In her dreams she still see’s the beautiful wonder of the meteor shower. She’ll patiently wait for the next one to come and will do the exact same thing. 

© 2024 Blooming Flower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on May 7, 2024
Last Updated on May 7, 2024

Author

Blooming Flower
Blooming Flower

Lancaster, PA



About
I am sixteen years old. I love plants and writing prose poems. Most of my writing is inspired by instrumentals. I’m writing a book that I started in 2023-2024. I’ll upload chapters wheneve.. more..

Writing