A smoker's reason

A smoker's reason

A Poem by forevermore1218
"

my friend karatemon5 wrote this poem and i wanted to share it. Hope u all like his work :)

"
So I guess this is my first time at spoken word, I'm a bit nervous that I may be unheard. 
I have an unbelievably lot pent up inside, so this is my first time showing it on the outside.
Now that the introduction is over and through, I'll share some stuff with all of you. 
This group is a bunch of my friends and peers, so I sincerely hope you'll lend me all of your ears. 
I've got some s**t to get off my chest, it's literally a drag - these nasty cigarettes. 
I tried to quit cold turkey but the school overworks me. 
Thus it's a hell of a lot harder to quit what truly hurts me.
My minds all over the place, it hurts me to have a smoke and think of her face.. She wants me to quit cause "it's what's best for me"
 plus it's a bonus for me to make her happy. :) 

© 2012 forevermore1218


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I relate a lot to this and really understand how school can overwork and stress a person out. That's why I began smoking last September 2012, because of stress and it really helped relax me and clear my head. My parents found out and had a fit, my mom at least and she doesn't understand how stressed I am all the time at home. She understands my anger issues, but feels smoking shouldn't be an outlet. I know she cares for me, but it's hard to quit when you depend on it so much to keep you sane and relaxed every now and then. Thank you for this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can relate to this because my partner is also a smoker.

It's related with my poem The Wait. If you have time to check it, then it is my pleasure.
Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting monologue with a tender ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

forevermore1218
forevermore1218

Purple Haze , PA



About
Hey various writers! Bio: I am an American twenty one year old girl who has been searching FOREVER for a good writing website for my poetry and short stories. I am really excited about meeting yo.. more..

Writing