A man with hopes of freedom

A man with hopes of freedom

A Story by Francesca
"

This is just a rough short story I wrote, hope you like :)

"
Sitting here with a gun in my hand, thinking about my life...What had I done with it?
I spent my life doing what others had wanted me to do and never really stopped to think about what I really wanted, I was trapped inside my own mistakes.
At a young age I had to take over my dad's mining business, however, as long as I can remember I've always wanted to be an artist. No wife, no family, nothing left to live for, no one would have noticed if I disappeared forever. I have no money nor time to be the person I want to be, so why keep living this fantasy that maybe my life will be as I wanted it to be? What is life without freedom? My left hand trembling as I slowly pick the gun up, I gazed at the piece of paper on the floor next to me, my last lotto ticket. What an absurdity, only a miracle would work. I don't know why I bothered to buy it; in the past 2 years there wasn't a day I hadn't played it, why keep hoping now?
I crushed the ticket with my foot, I didn't want it to be the last thing I'd see before ending my life...Meanwhile the TV was on the lottery channel, what a coincidence.
I closed my eyes, it was time to end that misery. Shaking, I brought the gun to my head, if I wasn't going to live the life I wanted there was no point continuing it.
"And now the lottery numbers for the week ladies and gentlemen" a soft female voice called.
Tears running down my face as I moved the finger towards the trigger.
"The numbers are 20, 32, 48, 40, 60, and 8". I gulped, that's impossible. I opened my eyes, moved my foot over and quickly snatched the ticket off the ground. I blinked and pinched myself, the ticket in my hand still read those six numbers, I couldn't believe.

In a blink of an eye there I was, standing on a plane flying towards Australia, a land of hope and opportunities, with all the money I had miraculously won I could finally fulfill my dream and become an artist, travel and maybe find the true love of my life.
Freedom.

© 2017 Francesca


Author's Note

Francesca
any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on June 7, 2017
Last Updated on June 7, 2017
Tags: shortstory

Author

Francesca
Francesca

Australia