Blood

Blood

A Story by Melly Jones

In the darkness waits a man in black.  He is waiting for the perfect victim, someone that is here and unknowing of their fate.  They do not know that soon they will be lying in a pool of their own blood.  They don’t know that soon they will have no more thoughts at all, just the peaceful bliss of death.  Not having any pain, or friends or family to guide them on their dark journey to the heavens.  And it is dark.  It is not like they say.  It is not filled with white light and angels.  It is a dark path that takes you through your darkest fears.  It is a path that tests you and tries to break you to see if your heart is true.

 

“Sush, be quiet now my love.  All is going to be just fine.” He whispered into her ear.

 

“but you’re going to kill me.  How is everything going to be fine?”

 

“Death is but a beautiful beginning.  You have no idea the splendor that awaits you in the great beyond.”

 

“You’re lying… you are just an undead foul thing! You have no idea what awaits us on the other side… you have never been there and never will be! You are damned for the rest of your life!”

 

He laid a heavy hand across her face. “Silence you b***h!!  What do you know of me?! Absolutly nothing!” he raged.  His pale face turning a crimson red.

 

“Well apparently I know enough to have struck a nerve.  You wish you could die don’t you?  You wish you were mortal just like me.  But you aren’t, you will live forever and see all around you die and turn to dust!”

 

This time he not only hit her hard across the face but he caught her in her fall and took her neck in his mouth.  “Just enough…” he whispered to himself.  “Just enough to make her my slave….” He could feel her pulse slowing in his mouth.  He let her go until he could just barely make out the faint beat of life on his tongue and then dropped her to the floor.  “That will teach you to taunt the undead.  Yes.. it is a wicked and cursed life we lead but we were once human… we still remember how to feel… we know pain just as well as the next person…”

 

Sandra lay there on the hard wood floor.  Her life was swimming around inside her head but the only thought she could really grasp was that of her childhood sweetheart, Greg.  She could see his face clearly in the dark mist that surrounded her mind and she took in every feature of his face.  The smooth roundness of it, his dark green eyes, the freckles across his nose, the scar on his chin from tripping on the play ground… everything.  She remembered how she thought he was the perfect human being and she almost laughed at how naive she was.  Greg turned out to be one of the biggest foul mouthed a******s she hard ever had the displeasure of knowing and yet here, on the floor, dying, he was all she could see.  She wanted to find meaning in this, she wanted to know why this one insignificant detail was haunting her memory but she couldn’t find the strength to grasp it.  She slipped deeper and deeper into the dark unknown and soon was swallowed by the unholy night.

© 2010 Melly Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hey .. this is very interesting .. ur idea was well thought out but i believe that you could have executed it a little better .. like i believe you could have added a little more depth to the characters, and also highlighted Sandra's pain a bit more. you could have played around with emotions and used the scnario to correlate to your protagnists state of mind .. anyway this is just a suggestion .. hope it's taken in the right spirit .. cheers :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hey .. this is very interesting .. ur idea was well thought out but i believe that you could have executed it a little better .. like i believe you could have added a little more depth to the characters, and also highlighted Sandra's pain a bit more. you could have played around with emotions and used the scnario to correlate to your protagnists state of mind .. anyway this is just a suggestion .. hope it's taken in the right spirit .. cheers :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010

Author

Melly Jones
Melly Jones

Placerville, CA



About
I have long wanted to be a writer. Other careers have interested me but the only thing I can really see myself doing for a living is writing down all the crazy thoughts inside my head. I've always e.. more..

Writing