What is the safe laser pointer level for cats?

What is the safe laser pointer level for cats?

A Story by fukuyamamidori
"

Princeton University discussed the use of laser pointers and their effects on the human body, stating that the use of laser pointers

"
What is the safe laser pointer level for cats?
Princeton University discussed the use of laser pointers and their effects on the human body, stating that the use of laser pointers to repel crows above 5 mW is dangerous and should not be used. Therefore, the green laser pointer seems to be safer at lower powers. Because they will be safer.

As with any laser, as with humans, do not point the laser at the cat's eyes or on reflective surfaces that may reflect the laser into your eyes and cause problems.

www.risoulaser.com/greenlaser/p-6955.html

Do not use cat laser pointer frequently
In addition to the output, the cat can't "kill" the laser, so it can't get out of the hunting state and can redirect energy to negative ways (grooming, aggression, etc.). There is a concern. To give the cat something to "kill" at the end of the laser pointer game, such as stuffed animals and similar items.

www.risoulaser.com/redlaser/p-6956.html

Choose a low power red laser pointer
Please use red. It can be dangerous if all lasers hit the eyes of cats and humans, but red lasers usually have a much lower power and are obvious to cats. I've used the red laser many times as a cat toy, but it's not actually used as a cat toy. Be extra careful when using a laser.

www.risoulaser.com/5mw-100mw-red/p-7160.html

Also note that most of the floating lasers have a slight lack of quality control and are usually much more powerful than advertised. It is generally safe to use a 5mw laser around the animal, but the laser I measured is much smaller than 20mw and is marked <5mw. This is not safe at all.

www.risoulaser.com/redlaser/c-27.html

If you want to use a laser pointer 100 average for animals, it is recommended to look for red (650nm) less than 1mw (class II). It is bright enough for indoor use. Don't worry, the power must be low enough to allow for manufacturing defects in the animal-friendly spectrum range.

© 2021 fukuyamamidori


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on February 3, 2021
Last Updated on February 3, 2021
Tags: laser, cat