Servitude

Servitude

A Story by poeticsafari
"

How do you or any one really know what is fair?

"
  A clutching fear bolted into my heart, like lightning. The end was near; I could feel it. A lifetime of servitude to my beliefs, and I was finally being rewarded; redemption, freedom from the constraints of fleshly bonds and mortality. Gaping vistas were about to be opened to me, transporting me to realms unseen by humanity, except for a select few privileged enough to be chosen to be forerunners to the impending destruction of this dimension. After an eternity within this domain of sanity, the postulations of supreme ecstasy and chaos, shredding the fabric of this dominion into an ethereal shell, a husk, of its former self, and tearing open the very existence of this realm, chilled me to the bone and gave me satisfaction in knowing that I would be the one to bring about the end.

            I sat poised on the brink of destruction, within the circle that completed the rite. The moist air within the empty valley clung to the knife, making it cold against my neck as it swept across, slicing it open. For a moment, I felt intense pain…and then the blood started to flow freely, cascading down my neck and over my spasming body. Any earthly discomfort was vanquished by the resulting bliss that swept across my natural senses.

Staring down, I gazed in wonder at the amount of blood that had spilled from me, amazed that so much could river out in such a small amount of time. Soon enough, a haze settled into my vision, clouding and blotting out the glorifying sight of my own crimson liquid spewing from me. The bliss that I had earlier experienced, which seemed like it had taken place ages ago, had dimmed. I could faintly feel the sensation of dull pain across my nape, or what remained of the tattered flesh I had torn asunder. The haze continued to thicken, narrowing my view even further. The sensations continued as my hands clutched at my neck, instantly becoming soaked in red; I continued to writhe on the ground until the darkness finally eased my existence from this plane. The last vision that was imprinted on my corporeal consciousness was my own form twitching non-stop as the final feelings were sapped from me…swallowed by the darkness, I drifted along on nothingness, embracing it…

All at once sensation returned to my being. At first, it was just a tingling sensation that spread throughout the entirety of my extremities, like a spark being lit beneath kindling. The spark quickly caught on, igniting rapidly, until it felt like there was a raging wildfire within me, the tingling continuing, shivering the very existence of my being. I felt…rejuvenated. I became acutely aware, as if my actual sentience was being restarted, of feeling sensations in parts that I never before had felt. The feeling continued to spread, and I realized that I could no longer see, could no longer hear, could no longer smell, could no longer taste; any recognition of those senses was erased, though the memory of their existence lived on within me. Those senses were replaced, and I could see without seeing, hear without hearing; I knew what was around, how I “looked”, how things near me were, how they lived; I was aware of it all, as if cosmic omnipotence had been bestowed upon my being. I had been gifted with a new sentience, a new purpose; I had been smiled upon by those that bend and manipulate space and time to their will No longer in the confining vessel of man, I had been granted eyes which could see things that cannot even begin to be comprehended; I was free. 

. I was present in the dimension that I had previously resided in, only, it was different. Staring out into space, my solid form, no longer the meager limbs of primitive ape, but a collective mass of writhing tentacles, foaming mouths, searching eyes, and other indescribable appendages, I could “see”, in all directions, across the vast, gaping gulfs of space and time. I was aware of all sentience around me, across impossible stretches of distance and time. I could shift my penetrating focus upon anything within the realm of sanity, and corrupt it, bring destruction and insanity to it.

I toyed with my newfound powers for what seemed like, to my previous sense of being, eons. To my current state, it was mere seconds; time adjusted its flow around me, as I superseded it. Countless inhabited worlds and clusters of stars fell to my grasp, as the very existence of their being was ripped out. I feasted on their energy, absorbing it and adding to my repertoire of abilities; I was hungry for more. Explosions rippled across the void as outer dimensional beings, called upon by myself, granted to me by my masters, forced their way into existence, tearing apart the continuum of this facet of space.

 As the destruction of this realm was completing, my omnipotent and ever-present gaze turned towards a small jewel within the seething chaos that I had partaken in, that I had wrought. It was a system of planets, revolving around a yellow dwarf star, which for some reason kindled a notion of reminiscence. The capitol of the system, a small blue rigid surface of a world, was inhabited by trillions of sentiments; extending my vice towards it, I willed it to cease. All across the world reality was mutilated as beings and myself forced their way into being, terrorizing the denizens and plunging it into darkness. Within the space of a second, the world had been thrown into a fiery hell as outer dimensionals feasted on the fleshy parts of the inhabitants; I was more concerned with their life force, and hungrily inhaled it from the outer dimensionals and from those that I warped out of existence. Those few that knew of my coming and wished to continue their sentience were granted a meager redemption, being whisked away to another facet of existence to serve my masters; they were not truly willing to sacrifice, as I had, to serve. They were merely scared to lose their constraints, only offering themselves when in danger of annihilation.

Within another second, all that had been on the world, and all that ever will be, was consumed by myself with relish, carnivorously assimilated into my being. The fate of this universe was sealed; there was no hiding it. I had conquered what little it had to offer, and served my purpose to my masters. Perhaps, in another moment, they would call upon me to do their bidding once more, to be their gluttonous instrument of destruction, to further fuel the spectacular eradication of another plane of existence. For now though, I am content, amidst the seething ripples of this realm bending and contorting, destroying and extinguishing itself due to my being; my slumber is nigh, until called upon again.  

© 2013 poeticsafari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

112 Views
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 28, 2013
Tags: short story, dark, mystery

Author

poeticsafari
poeticsafari

nokomis, FL



About
i am an amateur poetry writer/story writer trying to spread poetry to the world hoping to inspire others more..

Writing