A Question of Insanity

A Question of Insanity

A Story by poeticsafari
"

There are times when your brain is moving much faster than the rest of you and it becomes a simple question of are you really the sane one or is what you have done just?

"
My Home is Mine and Mine Alone. I do not like trespassers nor observers. So I take it personally when someone contends with what is Mine. This place has never been paid for, but trust Me when when I say this; this house is Mine. Make no mistake, others have tried to collect what they call theirs, but it will always be Mine. I mind My own business; so expect, I expect that you do the same. My mood is not misplaced anger nor rage or unreasonable nor temperate. Make no Mistake This House is Mine. Now that you know what is Mine, Tell me am I doing the wrong doing or are you the wrong doer? Late at night I lie awake in abnormal darkness- unable to sleep to the horrid pounding that never eludes. I say out loud this is My home and Mine Alone. Heed these warnings, make no mistake I will defend what is rightfully Mine. You nor anyone else will take that away from Me. I repeat this many time hoping you will not do something stupid, but God forbid you try I will be waiting. The noises now are getting worse everyday; and that I can tell you makes me unaware of My actions and something might happen. To you. It is now the first of the month- my favorite day every time- the bill collectors are here once again, it won't be the last and it certainly is not the first. Why won't they learn that what is Mine is Mine and Mine Alone- no one will ever take it away from Me. I sit in the dark- waiting patiently for my "dear old friend". FInally at guarder to two there was a knock on My door. Slowly I got up making him wait- just like I had. I reached My door and peered through My peep-hole and much to my delight he was all dressed up on My behalf. The door swung open and I greeted him, "I know what you want, won't you come in, I've got your money right in My kitchen". The man removes his hat before stepping inside. What manners this man has! "Would you like some refreshments sir?" I said with glee.
"Not really, I must be going." said the man.
"Oh, but I insist".
"Make it quick then".
I went to my kitchen not saying a word, returning with a glass of lemonade- placing it down beside him. "Where is the money?" he said angrily. 
"Oh dear I am so forgetful, let me get it for you".
I returned to the kitchen- rattling around for a brief moment, taking something out, and heading back to where "he" was sitting. Much to My surprise the man had drank My lemonade,and was now knocked cold. What manners this man has, I could not have asked for anything more! I got out My rope and bound his hands, taking him down into My basement, locking him tight. Now I have told no lies nor have I told what I am and am not- this leads to a question; is there something wrong with Me, am I insane? The answer is quite obvious, but incase you can't tell I've said before and I'll say it again; My home is Mine and Mine Alone, no one will take that away from Me tying the last two belts to hold him in place I cracked open My case of goodies, pulling out several instruments laying then on the cold hard surface of the table gently, and gingerly. I walked over to get a cup of water from the pipes leaking above. Pouring the water, drip by drip, I grinned with great satisfaction, as My  new friend arose from his slumber. I stood there with the biggest smile you ever seen as he trembled beneath the straps. "Now that you are awake", I exclaimed, our fun can begin. The scene was straight out of horror; the walls consisted of bleak grey concrete, the floors soaked from the leaky pipes, the single lightbulb flickering incessantly, its reflection bouncing back from the floor. "Are you ready friend", I asked sheepishly. My new friend of course could not answer, so I grabbed one of My tools from the table and went to work. First I struck his torso, splitting it wide open like some kind of alien-ribs sticking straight out so that his organs were accessible. Getting out his clamps he reached deep in his chest cavity ripping out his heart, the man jerked forward in a last effort to get out only to collapse dead in his bounds. After an hour of working, the body was completely severed, chopped, and processed. After he cleaned his tools and sterilized his hands, he got out a vat, his favorite at that and ignited a flame in which to broast. Now, now the deeds were done and I had what was rightfully Mine and Mine Alone. 

© 2013 poeticsafari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 28, 2013
Tags: short story, dark, murder

Author

poeticsafari
poeticsafari

nokomis, FL



About
i am an amateur poetry writer/story writer trying to spread poetry to the world hoping to inspire others more..

Writing