Untold Nightmare

Untold Nightmare

A Story by poeticsafari
"

When you feel something is right for the most part you are thrown something to balance your mortality this is the bridge between that gap

"

I woke up quickly from a dream that seemed as if it had crawled out of the darkest part of my imagination, dripping sweat and unable to breath. My hands trembling from the shear reality of the whole thing. I was captive in my own mind, a tortured soul never to return to the light of day. I went to sleep that night thinking everything was the same inside that I was the same person despite what my thoughts had forewarned me about.  Upon stepping into my alternate reality I discovered what I already had known my words now had consequences in every sense. In my dream they would get me killed, but would that lead to my actual demise, this left me thinking. It all started in a place I had come to know all too well; my school though I despised every second of this place it was comforting, inviting, and welcoming to my ever so precarious dreams. Though this dream did something I hadn’t expected it took some of the worst things I have ever done adding them to a playground of an enemy in a sense. The school was not as I had remembered it; things had changed making it seem like a shadow of its former self. I walked the very dimly lit hallway to my usual classroom, finding the same people that I had come to know everything was so different, yet the same. Slight changes everywhere made me think that I was not in the right place though, that I had fallen victim to the very traps I set for others. Things that only the dream me could figure out what was different.  Suddenly it occurred to me what had happened this was not my final year, but only my second, meaning that things hadn’t changed but what I was remembering was the wrong memory. At this point in time I had a girlfriend whom I thought was the love of my life, even though we would fight sometimes we essentially had the perfect relationship though she was never truly mine alone. Others wanted her trying for her heart and attention even when someone else was behind the scenes. It was a constant battle trying to keep her because it never seemed like I had the upper hand even though I was holding her physically I never knew and still don’t know that she was ever truly mine. Although her words both sweet and generic it seemed like there was always someone else in between us though she claims there never was. The months passed quickly in this dream showing almost a time line of all the stupid mistakes I had done to lose her all the guys she dated during our breaks, and even what a fool I had been.  Now one year later we were still kind of  together though we never had the title to make it official. I still had felt as strongly about her as I had before, but it wasn’t the same there was a new guy in the picture. He seemed as if he was the extreme jealous type and was forced away from her. We texted in secrecy for a very long time trying to hold what little pieces we had together. It wasn’t enough though because soon he had found out what we were doing and banished me from her life. Not knowing what to do or how to do it I set out hoping to forget about her I blocked her from my memory, I ripped out every last feeling that I had for her, and I tried my best to move forward. It took almost a year I had to cut her out of my life completely and almost instantaneously, I was surrounded by others now but never had I been more alone. For each and every day I had hoped that something could change the outcome I had hoped that we could remain together. Just when I thought I had made it through and was on the right path she contacted me saying how she still had feelings that lie dormant with in her about me. This concept seemed absurd, but I continued to talk to her despite his warning towards me. He could threaten me all he wanted but it was not going to keep me from talking to her, nothing would. So we talked in secrecy once again; at late hours, when he would go out, and when we needed something. This worked out great until it started to become more serious with the two of them for I was confined to only talking to her maybe once every other day if I was lucky. Though I do not know why I still loved her I did, still nothing could change that. I was drawn to her like a mouse to cheese, or an anteater to an ant. Now finishing up school I had heard the worst news of all, she would move in with him far away from this placed I now called home. I didn’t know what to do about this and so I continued to text her in secrecy hoping to break the chain and even if I was to not be with her. He would not have her either. This was my goal, though both irrational and insane it would work. Then I changed our agreement suddenly and contacted her in the middle of the day where I didn’t know at the time, but he has the phone. He angrily replied to my simple message who the hell is this. I quickly figured out that it was not my old love but the one she was with. I didn’t reply for I knew had he known who I was it would have been all over. Soon I decided I was going to do something about this, after finding out where she was going to live with him I prepared myself to go along with her. My plan was to simply meet up with her there unexpectedly and just disappear just the two of us snatching her away from him for good. The plan went as scheduled as I arrived in Ohio just as they had; slowly I began setting up watching her from a distance figuring out the patterns. I became obsessed nothing else mattered except stealing her away. One day I saw that she was finally alone and I went for my chance. I appeared out of the alley way covering her mouth and pulling her in, she looked into my eyes and immediately saw who I was. She gasped and I knew it would be okay to let go. We stood there in silence for several moments not knowing what to do and after a short while I told her my plan to take her away. She agreed, we snuck into their apartment, stole all of her stuff and left a note for him on the table.  “ I am sorry to inform you, but your beloved has returned to her rightful place and will never be coming back to you. We have gone dissipated into the winds; we shall never meet again I am afraid. I advise you give up or the rest of your days will remain in anguish. You should have taken better care of her or this might not have happened enjoy the rest of your lonely unbearable life. Sincerely. “ Our happiness went up well staying on the coast of Mexico for we lived like kings there for an unsubstantial amount of money. It was just like any other day I went to the grocery store to get a few things, leaving her on the beach ,but when I got back I saw him standing there holding a gun to her head. My bags well to the ground as I yelled out please don’t shoot I will do anything. He laughed to himself saying there was nothing more that could ever be done, I have spent the better end of 15 years looking for you and finally I have. Without me saying another word he pulled the trigger splattering her brains over the sand. My love was dead. There he said now neither of us will get her and now for you I am going to give you the exact same pain you gave me all those years ago when I read that letter. I am going to make you scream, cry, and bleed as much as I have you are going to wish you never would have been born when I am done with you.

 

© 2013 poeticsafari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 28, 2013
Tags: short story, dark, murder

Author

poeticsafari
poeticsafari

nokomis, FL



About
i am an amateur poetry writer/story writer trying to spread poetry to the world hoping to inspire others more..

Writing