Rebirth

Rebirth

A Story by poeticsafari
"

What happens when the goodness of God in a sense combines with the evil dwelling inside the devil?

"
Harsh winds blow across these lands made from a blood red sand, making it immensely hard to see even an arms length. The intense rays of above descend down on the bridle texture of the Earth. Not even the desert creatures roamed free. Over in the distance there are several strange formations made from the only sturdy material near by, alone in the middle of no where. Why would anyone or anything wish to dwell in such a setting? Inside the crevice beamed a small, dense fire crowded about by the mongols of the Earth.Watching silently in the distance pondering what this arcane society of tribesmen occults endeared in. What is the thing they gather around? How does the fragile gold scepter not shatter from the infernal blazes of the fire? Watching ever so precisely; they start to chant rhythmically WO-TI-AZ-KA getting more intense by the second. WO-TI-AZ-KA, every person around the fire now shouting these words, standing tall. The sky phased quickly into the darkest, most veil storm clouds every layed eyes on. Black as a starless night, the winds now crusading onto this desert, ravaging the sands, whirling past. Still never looking away the ground starts to vibrate, concentrated to the point where the sands start to harden. Finally without a moment to spare, the rod combusts unleashing an unfathomable sound of hundreds of millions of bats screeching in harmony, then suddenly the tribesman's eyes turned brilliantly perniciously; a lucrative spectrum of blood stained red. Their faces deteriorating before the sands; crumbling into ash, plunging them into the pit of fire, as the immense storm dissipated instantaneously. Quietly as possible, curiosity peaking, sliding down into the pit; prodding around like some kind of rat who's lost its tail. Finding nothing in the cave itself- stumbling into the pit. The universe seemed to wrap itself around, warping time and space as one, spitting its contents into a dark abyss near the bottom of the world. Trees grew here almost as tall as a mountain- intrigued by the strange surrounding sounds now emerging all around; insects roaring to life by the millions. Screams radiated off the trees, bouncing back and forth like some kind of infinite loop- no where to go except to the inner thought of anything alive. There is no sign of life at least within a foot ahead. Something has happened though, knowing not by sight but by the intense shift in the climates; now scorching, burning everything feels like it is on fire. Every sound now silenced, knowing full well of the danger about. With still no sight' crawling on all floors, slowly, making a path through the trees. The climate, temperature, and the air begins to literally boil, making it unbelievably hard to breath. Every now and then the temperature spikes up to what appears to be 100 degrees, the air muggy and thinners still. Suddenly something appeared out of no where, the object felt very slimy, ooze everywhere dripping incessantly. Now scales revealed themselves, thought now scurried about, horrible images of what this may be. Slowly backing up, turning around the feeling of being barricaded imminently Now trapped, truncated, and feeling trivial, the thoughts, images, mirages succumb together, forming an intense barrage of horror. Now faced with a decision; stay down like a cowardice fool or fight like a courageous warrior. The choice was clear, lunging forward, and striking like there is no tomorrow, with the strength and fury of a thousand centuries. Unable to see anything; the creatures charged all of a sudden. Hearing only what appeared to be thunder crashing down to Earth. Struck by both fear and thousands of pounds of girth; suddenly all lights drawn to darkness, reinforcing what could only be beyond near death. A cataclysm of bitter sweet nothing loomed around the emptiness attained from what used to be a brain and body alike. The sound of blood iminating off of the opaque and shredded heart once had. An eerie sensation of warm dripping fluids transcended from stalagmites rolling down across the tattered remains. Eyes now become invigorated, seeing blurry and dazed images of creatures, their stature for larger than anything ever scene by the naked eye; thick, gruesome, accented spikes protrude out of it's back, glistening from the star bound lights. The creatures facial structure showed no mercy, stern, distinct, characteristics show the emotionless spectrum across their face. Eyes an incandescent and mysterious yellow, like a black cat at a midnight's moon. They all wielded what appeared to be a carved out bone, con caved outward with a  blue orbs in the center, not touching the bone; particles spewing off like some sort of oil spout only blue, red, and green notes flying around the scepter. Lastly the room  was scarcely lit only by the beasts eyes and the crisp flickering lights of the orbs. Unable to move due to a mossy sheath bound, woven tightly around; compacting any will left. Horrified by the creatures, sitting in deafening silence as to not make event he slightest sounds. Precipitously the creatures drew closer, holding up the scepter at eye level. It began to spin causing the blue lights emitted to spiral inward forming what appeared to be thousands of constellations forming at once starting to seizure violently, feeling all sense of direction, thought, and presence of reality dissipate. As every thing began to feel dark, eerie, and bleak, the eyes handed down from the creator now soulless, black, disheveled as all memories lock themselves into a sanctum of lost ideas and forsaken words. Everything worked so hard for, everything attained; now gave into the absence  of life now encountered as the void. There is an impending sensation here in this new place, voices illuminate off the wrinkles in the fabric of this place. Feeling almost happy; it is an overwhelmingly intense feeling. Something never before has been heard. In another realm stood a body induced by the light of the shiny orb the weird thing though was it was walking with out any resentment-doing the bidding of the Mongols. It marched off into the distance deep into the heart of the jungle to a cave of some sort where the hollow shell of a body dwelled for eons After its long slumber it marched back to those creatures only now it no longer resembled who I was. My mind, however, immersed in happy thoughts roamed the new realm scavenging for every breath of knowledge near and far, under every stone. Over time it evolved into an enigma of brilliance until one day there from out of the fabric of time a vivacious light shun through following it all the way up to the heavens I woke up to see what I now was. A being of unimaginable terror and frustration in which I am the immortal.

© 2013 poeticsafari


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 28, 2013
Tags: short story, dark

Author

poeticsafari
poeticsafari

nokomis, FL



About
i am an amateur poetry writer/story writer trying to spread poetry to the world hoping to inspire others more..

Writing