Unrequited; Unnecessary

Unrequited; Unnecessary

A Story by Gabriele Montgomery
"

Because wanting someone who has loftier goals is messy business.

"

Smearing away the black undried ink to the love letter I never showed you, i take back my hand and see the words are still there, letters mixed on my skin and on the paper. It’s right here, and you’re out there somewhere and I’m lonely for you as I try so hard to wash you off. More scars I can’t seem to shake, but this time it’s not bottled up self-loathing, it’s bottled up unspeakable affection in the way your meaninglessness makes me breathe fire and vomit butterflies.

The stars ask me where you are tonight. I can’t answer, because hell if I know. My ceiling asks where you are tonight. I can’t answer, but I wish I could. My words ask why they’re here if they’ll never see their muse, and I choke up because I have words I wish you could understand for all your intelligence.

I’m gonna sleep alone tonight and my dreams are worse off without you asking me about them.. Here’s to lonely hope and hopeless lonesomes, alone but for that time your skin brought mine to life.

© 2013 Gabriele Montgomery


Author's Note

Gabriele Montgomery
personal; constructive crit unnecessary but appreciated nonetheless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013

Author

Gabriele Montgomery
Gabriele Montgomery

Phoenix, AZ



About
Queen of dorks and good food; writes about sad, strange things and likes prepositional phrases. more..

Writing