4 Tips To Make Your Garage Door Family Friendly

4 Tips To Make Your Garage Door Family Friendly

A Story by Repairgaragedoorscalgary

Garage doors are often very large and costly openings that are found in almost all homes in Canada. With so many features and benefits, it can cause a lot of harm or injury, if its not operating properly. Almost every year, thousands of people gets injured seriously, due to the overhead door failures. Although, they are designed and manufactured keeping safety in regard, some extra precautions needs to be taken to keep your family safe.

Few tips that should be kept in mind while working with garage doors are:

1. Keep The Opener Remote In a Safe Place

The first ever precaution to be taken is, don't leave the remote at such a place from where kids or pets can easily grab it. Install a holder on the garage wall and place the remote there, so as to avoid misplacing or stealing. There are many features that allow to access the garage door with the help of a switch or other ways. This reduces the need of a remote. Its advised to work safely with remote, to avoid any unfortunate accidents or falling down of doors.

2. Inform Children About Garage Safety

Always keep a check on children and tell them not to play around the garage or with the remote. Frighten them about the tragic issues, that this heaviest door can cause. Ask them to stay away from garage while you are operating the vehicle or door. Do make sure, that your kids don't hung to the door hooks as a major incident can happen anytime.

3. Check The System Regularly

Inspect the garage door regularly, to make sure it's performing properly. Don’t neglect the cracks and damages. Also, the unusual noises coming while opening and closing the door should not be avoided, as they are the sure sign indicating that some element is causing problem. Neglecting the door issue can result in costly repairs and replacements. Lubricate it properly to increase the life of its components. If you find any damaged part, call the garage door repair expert to offer necessary solutions.

4. Keep The Garage Clean

Even a little clutter and dust can cause the door to work improperly. To ensure the safety of your family, clean all the clutter. An improper maintained garage can make a person fall, if he's not working carefully.

Though garage door are designed to be safe, they are not always perfect. There is need to monitor the garage door and its opening system on regular basis for safety concerns. Inform your family about the risks involved with them, to avoid both major and minor incidents. Repair Garage Doors( is a leading company that offers a wide range of garage door services in Calgary including replacing and repairing the door openers at affordable costs.

© 2016 Repairgaragedoorscalgary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: garage door, garage repair, calgary, spring

Author

Repairgaragedoorscalgary
Repairgaragedoorscalgary

Calgary, Ontario, Canada



About
Repair Garage Doors Calgary provides you reliable and professional residential & commercial garage doors replacements & maintenance Services in your areas. We provides emergency services without any e.. more..

Writing