Ijiwaru Na Ebi - Sleep and the Field Spirit Possession of the Sea Bugs

Ijiwaru Na Ebi - Sleep and the Field Spirit Possession of the Sea Bugs

A Story by Bartholomew V. Darkgargler
"

Part One of a Series

"

     Because as you go out of your body, depending upon the etching in your eyelids of the place where a dream starts from sleep and becomes something which is said is to avoid all to do with the thoughts of the day. I (in order to go out), remain from now on avoiding myself and focused on the entity that hits hard and knocks me into the void. The thing sleep which is written in the way of all unknowns, because it is. When the heavy hitter comes, the breath skips from left field and the dark warmth from the eye which eludes all thought and awakens simultaneously into that other place that becomes impossible to remember once you awaken. It is for me a horror to try to wrestle myself from the fingers which pull me from the field. Thoughts, painful and slow, become aware of the power of returning reality. Like my lucid reason, you awaken the power of the other entities of the field to the present and times when it is, it happens, because the place of several lives and worlds ago you can touch when you sleep.

     The dark became weaker, as it was the way it was described to me, every time I spent days on end awake before entering the dream field. That those days of restless wandering increased the effect of clarity in sleep, which appears to have become my way of viewing those spirits/energies. The clarity would eventually allow me to communicate. The clarity waits for the medicine to subside. That pill that pulls that which I worry about from in front of my closed eyes also obscures the lucid dream into fuzz. From year one, when I first noticed the sensation of contacting them, I also noticed the effect the pills had on the phenomenon. Written now in present time, I can analyze all because I have passed all earlier limitations. I am not the control sample any longer, just possibly my explorations have come to a place where they have turned on myself and all others in this plane of reality. It is no longer my secret experiment. While remembering me, they look at me through the vision of the earthly creatures they control when they journey outside of the field. Creatures that have no intelligence look upon me with intelligent eyes.

     From the bow of the holiday tour boat, the screen which details the bottom of the lagoon seemed to be making an effort to talk to me in the patterns it flickered. Because those dots from also the details which tell us where the bodies of umpteen species of sea creature are swimming below, the patterns seemed to me an ominous warning. The way they danced, from shape changes to the detail where the numerals flicker indicating depth, it all felt too unnatural. Upset as I was, I still felt I could be imagining things since my dreams and reality had been mixing so freely at the end of the fiasco. I was far from falling for cruel jokes on the part of them. The boat stopped, we were here. We were waiting for the order to re-check our gear for the dive. Every damn thing checked and double-checked and then checked against all to which it is related in order for it to be possible to track the smallest abnormality. A few minutes later we we fllowing the guide 10 feet down along the edge of the reef. The drop-off was profound, the fact that it is completely level for miles bathed in sunshine and then on one edge drops perpendicular immediately into darkness reminded me of that edge where you enter sleep, it becomes.

     The others and I swam happily along with the guide for hundreds of yards until we came to part of a metal hull from a World War II American gunboat sticking out of the reef, hanging over the edge to the void. Everyone stopped and took pictures and the guide signalled for us to continue along. Just then out of the void, a funnel cloud of thousands of tiny shrimp surrounded us in a frenzied back and forth commotion. Where either one is inside the dense tube together with the creatures or outside looking in, there was an appreciation of the chotic order from both vantage points. As quickly as they came, they went back into the void. The guide signalled from the place he had taken ahead, this time sweeping his light back and forth. We got the point and swam towards him for the continuation of the journey. I hesitated to leave from that place, and there it was. One shrimp, looking directly at me. I felt like it was a visitor, outside from memories in the field. It should do that anytime, why now? I go out on vacation to forget it all and before that can happen, I feel like I am back in the place. But I am awake? One shape becomes two, motionless and pointed at me. Just curious shrimp? Although now there was another one, and another. Was it them? All I could hear was the internal sound of troubled breathing, like that of sleep disturbed by apnea. I was afraid, afraid of 4 shrimp? I looked around and I was completely alone, the rest of the dive party was hundreds of yards ahead and obscured by the fog of microorganisms. I was alone but for 4 shrimp pointed my way from the black void over the deep edge of the reef. Then it happened, as if to prove to me it was them. The 4 shrimp formed a perfect square, then rotated 45 degrees into a diamond. I gagged and coughed trying to catch my breath and a flurry of bubbles billowed up from my mask. That spooked the shrimp to the point where their instincts became stronger than their possession by those fromt he field and they scattered like a proper shrimp would do back down into the void. I caught my breath and couldn't believe what I had seen. I sawm over to the edge and peered down into the void with my light. Nothing. Then in a moment too soon, the entire swriling vortex of shrimp from before appeared below me, the entire school rushing directly at me. I tried to back up and my elbow caught the edge of the reef, kocking my flashlight out of my hand. As it tumbled down the face of the coral cliff, through the powder I had just broken off of the reef with my elbow I saw the entire school of shrimp stop five feet below me and form a completely flat disc. It was what happened next that let me know, without and reason for doubt or denial, that convinced me that I was communicating with those from the field while awake. The disc of shrimp spun counter clockwise a few rotations, stopped and formed a perfect X.  Then the swirling frenzy started back up, but not in a funnel. This time it was a sphere. My light was tumbling so deep that the school was growing difficult to see, and in that last second they were visible, the shrimp swarm formed perfectly the face of one of the beings from my lucid dreams. It looked at me and opened its mouth. Just then I was yanked back onto the shallows of the reef by the dive leader and we surfaced. He was yelling about rules and dive safety and reef sharks in the deep water. I was oblivious. Back on the boat I asked him if he had seen the school of shrimp forming a face. He laughed, looked at me like I was nuts and said, "no, but I saw a cloud that looked just like a turtle last week."

© 2008 Bartholomew V. Darkgargler


Author's Note

Bartholomew V. Darkgargler
This is my first posting. It is a work in progress off of hand written notes, so don't go too hard on the grammar!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews



This is a very interesting story to say the least, and it did keep me intrigued
when you started talking about the dive. I myself am very open minded about dreams,
and lucid dreaming, and that being said, in the very first start of the story, I felt lost
and confused. I understand you were talking about dreams, but the wording didn't
seem smooth enough to understand what you were saying. I thought maybe you
were being too detailed. Sometimes simple is better.

When you were taking about taking pills for instance, it's like you just threw that in,
and expect someone to figure it all out. I think in the beginning of the story, you should
build the main character up first so we can understand him a little better. You did have
some grammar errors, and no, I'm not going to be hard on you:).

*signalled- it's spelled signaled
*kocking-knocking
*sawm-swam

In this sentence: We got to the vantage point and swam towards him for
for the continuation of the journey: you need to mention who you are talking
about.

You also had a run-on sentence: from the field, so you will probably have
to go back and reread this.

AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


Pretty sweet...and thanks for reviewing my play! I know you said not to go too hard on grammar, but may I make one suggestion please? It would be a lot easier to read if it was broken down into paragraphs.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 17, 2008

Author

Bartholomew V. Darkgargler
Bartholomew V. Darkgargler

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a legion of the many minions of a forbidden place you can come from only when you are from that place, a place which is hidden beyond the darkness and under my own sinister controls as I am the s.. more..