Hello Friend

Hello Friend

A Story by Mari' Emeraude
"

This is a short column from my book "Crack in the Mirror"

"
Hello friend,
I want to save you. I want to pull you from that ledge and pry that bottle from your hands. I will destroy that needle that you have buried in your veins time and time again. Let me put my arms around you and protect you from all the evil that has penetrated this world. Your happiness is my catalyst; your joy my delight!
My heart aches for you when you are hurting and I know that you are right now. Can I help? Can I be there for you to talk you through it or just listen to you vent?
I will sit silently with you while you decide if you even care to converse .
I will walk beside you in quiet places or take the lead if you prefer. I will follow or remain behind should you choose to walk alone. When you are ready I can help you devise a plan of action or encourage your ideas. Here is my shoulder to cry on, my ear to lend and my heart to comfort you. Feel free to let me in. I can keep your secret. I have many that I have never revealed, simply because I was asked not to.
I'm here for you day or night- try me... I am your friend, you just don't know it yet.

© 2018 Mari' Emeraude


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is truly heartwarming and words speak a great deal and your words speak care love truth it is a rare thing in this world:)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thanks again Jon. It's definitely slowed down some.
0000000000000000000000000000

5 Years Ago

You are very welcome and that's good to hear.
Mari - it must be wonderful to have a friend such as you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thank you Dave. I hope its true :)
Dave

5 Years Ago

My favorite definition of a friend is: "A friend is someone who knows all there is to know about yo.. read more
Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Lol that's a great observation!
dear Marie... there are other paths such as alcohol which can be similar. I helped console someone and eventually that person loved me when I encountered emotional problems... a silver lining for me. I was lucky. truly, Pat

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
And it's a true friend that will do all you have eloquently described.....

It seems true friends are fewer and fewer these days; isolation amongst a crowd is increasingly common in this digital age. We are connecting less and less with our fellow humans with every passing year. So, to have a friend like the one you have written of here, would be a treasure indeed. Sometimes, however, that true friend can be found in the most unexpected of places. So we must always be open to it. Embrace it and give it freely ourselves.

A fine extract. Full of honest thoughts and wise words. Nicely written.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thank you, 'friend'! :)
.

5 Years Ago

Welcome, friend. :)
I guess this is the life preserver i needed.i been drowning a long while.these are the words that save lives

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Aww I hope you are uplifted.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2018
Last Updated on July 19, 2018
Tags: friendship

Author

Mari' Emeraude
Mari' Emeraude

Denver, CO



About
I am a writer, journalist, and poet from Denver, Co who remarks on my fulfilling life in rich, poetic (and sometimes humorous) ways. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..