25 Days of Writing

25 Days of Writing

A Story by Gina Bisceglia
"

Sharing one detail per day about my current work in progress!

"

Day 1: Meet a Protagonist

Niryn is a humanoid feline from Port Majora. She’s a blunt, stealthy individual who can look someone straight in the eyes while stealing their coin purse. Orphaned as a child, she had to teach herself how to survive, and when she met Genlynn, another orphan, the two became inseparable. They took odd jobs around the city to earn extra coin, and now that they’re living comfortably, Niryn likes to give back to the poor (especially children) as often as she can.


Day 2: Meet a Protagonist

Dilynrae Torund is a dark elf from Underhold. She is an inventor, a tinkerer, and works as a maintenance person in her relatively small home town, though she aspires to achieve much greater things. One of her specialties is prosthetics, as she herself is missing two fingers on her left hand; she wears a self-created mechanical replacement. Ask how she lost the fingers and the response will likely be, “I don’t know you well enough to tell you that story yet.”


Day 3: The Pantheon of Gods, part one (greater deities)

Myenta, goddess of law

Oses, god of the dawn

Ekthos, god of funerals and death

Phimus, god of the seasons

Zedona, goddess of the sea and tides

Gata, goddess of the wilderness

Xytas, god of war

Xiion, god of fire and the underdark

Mara, goddess of chaos

 

Day 4: the Pantheon of Gods, part two (lesser deities)

Nyla, goddess of honor & new beginnings

Dilena, goddess of science

Thadona, goddess of battle

Breonna, goddess of peace

Mezmos, god of logic

 

Day 5: the Pantheon of Gods, part three (quasi-deities and titans)

Yelia, goddess of poetry and music

Alra, goddess of riddles

Otar, god of vengeance

Lorenah, goddess of deceit

 

Day 6: Meet a Main Character

Mirdax, humanoid dragon kin. They are covered in light blue dragon scales and have deep blue horns. Their friendly face matches their disposition, and they always shave down their claws so as to not frighten anyone. As a magic user, they wear light armor and robes with many pouches, and almost always have a book in hand.

 

Day 7: Geography

The Leamari continent, part one

Country: Udeth

Capital city: Valorweb - main port of Leamari. Run by a council of 7 members, headed by a prime councilor. Main exports are textiles and fish.

Other Udeth cities include:

Underhold, a city primarily made up of dark elves. Run by a city council, but has a more informal structure. Has a port, but it isn’t used as frequently due to the part of the ocean it borders.

Watcher’s Depot, an outpost and collective. Run by the head of watch.

Southvale Sanctuary, the last stop before Primordia (a danger zone). A military zone, communicates with Watcher’s Depot and neutralizes any threats from Primordia.

 

Day 8: Meet a Side Character

Corin "Iron Chest" Bentley, a notorious dark elf pirate. Has terrorized the Eastern Deep for years, causing most ships to find alternate routes or avoid the area altogether. This has had a severe impact on Underhold, specifically.

 

Day 9: Meet a Side Character

Wither, an elf working as a bounty hunter. Her main gig is tracking down pirates, and she's been after Iron Chest for years. He continues to evade her, but she's confident she'll bring him to justice one day.

 

Day 10: Geography

The Leamari continent, part two 

Country: Primordia 

Capital city: n/a (the Arid Castle is considered the unofficial capital)

Bordered to the northwest by the Lifeless Lake and the Slumbering Hills, and to the east by the Uncharted Abyss, Primordia is essentially a hostile wasteland. There is no formal government; the Arid Castle is something of an oasis, a haven for criminals, and the Barren Acropolis is a stopping point between the castle and the lake. Few venture there, and all manner of dangerous people and creatures call it home. 


Day 11: Geography

The Leamari continent, part three

Country: Themar

Capital city: Mountainfoot Garde in the Northwest, at the foot of the Goldridge Mountains. It is more of a commune, and a center of trade. They work primarily with the people of Enzass to the north. 

Themar is bordered to the east by the Haven River, which flows from the Lifeless Lake and deters any threats from Primordia. In the west, the Gray River flows southward from the mountains. 


Day 12: Meet a Secondary Character

Felston, a gnome inventor stationed in Valorweb. He is part of the Sunhammers (an artisan's guild) and speaks several languages. He's quite short and has a long, gray beard that nearly reaches the ground and is missing his right leg. Has a magically-made companion called Prism, a creature who looks rather like a strange mechanical bird and only speaks Gnomish. 


Day 13: Schools of Magical Study, part one

Doxwinn Institute of Arcane Arts

Location: Valorweb

Open to: any sort of magic caster

Guidelines for Admission: written essay and in-person interview, 2 letters of recommendation 

Examples of Core Classes: Beginner's Guide to Spell Components, Ritual Casting 101, Arcane History 

© 2021 Gina Bisceglia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on December 14, 2021
Last Updated on December 14, 2021
Tags: fantasy

Author

Gina Bisceglia
Gina Bisceglia

green bay, WI



About
Wordsmith, reading enthusiast, part-time zombie slayer, full-time nerd. more..

Writing