Dawn

Dawn

A Poem by G. K. Bostic
"

Written a few years back - hope it's okay to post things we've written in the past.

"

Dawn awakens day

as giant pitchers pour sunbeams

from heaven's hand.

Sunflowers smile greetings

and pine needles sparkle in the glow

til salmon colored sunset

liquefies day into night,

and daylight

is stashed away once more.

 

Absence of light...

cold as cubes of ice...

til morning light

cracks the curtain of night

 

gkb

 

 

© 2010 G. K. Bostic


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow, very well penned! Beautiful wording, really stimulates the mind of the person/s reading...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is richly, gorgeously descriptive. It's kind of old-school, there seem to be so few short, purely descriptive poems written any more. The structure and rhythm are very classic. I particularly like "giant pitchers pour sunbeams from heaven's hand" that's both elegant and vivid. The last four lines could almost stand alone, so I'd be tempted to put a line break above "absence of light" as I think this section has a slightly different feel to the rest of the poem, moving to a description of the dark than the light. It gives a nice sense of balance to the poem, so you should maximise that. :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lovely images here. I love the movement through time of this piece...wonderful metaphors.

"til salmon colored sunset
liquefies day into night,"

Posted 13 Years Ago


vibrant images cast upon the imagination

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mir
Fantastic! A show of your appreciation for some of the best things in life---I love your highlighting the various different beauties in nature!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting personification of dawn and its charming characters. The reader is filled with sensual pleasures from a well observed and creative view point. Excellent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, impressive! This creates a delight for all the senses. Love this. Fantastic job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


the artistic word play is classic, from pine scent- invigarating, to
salmon colored sunset wow, a stunning expressive and unique poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010
Tags: poem

Author

G. K. Bostic
G. K. Bostic

PA



About
Retired Special Education Teacher & Supervisor, Writer of poetry and Nanowrimo novel, wife, mother, grandmother, and lover of country. I can be found at www.gkbostic.com Update: Since I wrote this .. more..

Writing
Unseen Unseen

A Poem by G. K. Bostic



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ivor Ivor

A Poem by Tate Morgan