Initiative To Collect Diamond Retailer Back-Stories At Las Vegas Show

Initiative To Collect Diamond Retailer Back-Stories At Las Vegas Show

A Story by gemkonnect
"

The World Diamond Mark Foundation (WDM) and the Museum of Named Diamonds (MoND)

"

The World Diamond Mark Foundation (WDM) and the Museum of Named Diamonds (MoND)announced they will be joining forces to collect retailers' stories about diamonds at the upcoming JCK Las Vegas show. The announcement comes on the heels of the WDM's call on diamond and diamond jewellery retailers to meet the WDM team and share their special diamond stories.

MoND Vice Chairman Jacques Voorhees said, "Our organisations share the common goal of enthusing consumers about diamonds and diamond jewellery. Highlighting diamond stories, and using them to bring romance and emotion back to the diamond industry, is an important tool for doing this.” Voorhees added that the collected diamond stories would be displayed in the online museum.

He emphasised that the stories the partners are looking for are anything that touches on the human experience, whether it's something about the proposal itself, how the couple met, the family history of the diamond if it's an heirloom, or any touching or amusing anecdote.

"At the Museum of Named Diamonds," he continued, "we have discovered that almost everyone with a diamond has a story to tell. Collecting these stories, and creating diamond names connected with these stories, helps reverse the commoditisation trend the industry has experienced. When a retail jeweller focuses on not merely the 4Cs, but on the emotion (the story ) that the diamond symbolises, it gives the millennial shoppers precisely what they're looking for �" a personalised experience. That's why we say the MoND helps jewellers sell diamonds, through story-telling. And it works! When the best 21 stories are chosen, the museum will help name those diamonds, and induct them into the museum, where the stories will be preserved and shared," he explained.

WDM Communications Director Ya'akov Almor, who is also Editor-in-Chief of the World Diamond Magazine, said the summer issue of the publication would feature a pull-out section containing the stories. "We are in the process of putting together a jury panel to select the 21 best stories. This will be great publicity for those retailers who submit their stories!"

https://www.gemkonnect.com/news/initiative-collect-diamond-retailer-back-stories-las-vegas-show

© 2017 gemkonnect


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on June 15, 2017
Last Updated on June 15, 2017
Tags: Jewellery