Signet Submits Conflict Minerals Report To SEC For Fourth Year

Signet Submits Conflict Minerals Report To SEC For Fourth Year

A Story by gemkonnect
"

Signet Jewelers Limited said that it had recently submitted its fourth consecutive Conflict Minerals Report to the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) in accordance with Section 1502 of the Dodd-Fr

"

Signet Jewelers Limited said that it had recently submitted its fourth consecutive Conflict Minerals Report to the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) in accordance with Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act.

Signet said it was one of only four companies to have its gold “conflict-free” filing with the SEC independently audited in line with the Section 1502 requirements in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Now Signet has extended its “conflict-free” reporting under Section 1502 for a fourth consecutive year. 

Signet believes that a responsible, conflict-free supply chain is fundamental to the reputation of the jewellery industry. The company said that therefore, it is committed to continuing its longstanding efforts to advance responsible sourcing throughout the global jewellery industry supply chain.

Coupled with its efforts to source “conflict free” gold, Signet said it also aims to lead the continuous improvement in the integrity of the global jewellery supply chain. Towards this, Signet said, it had, in the last four years:

  • Become one of the founding members of the OECD’s Multi-Stakeholder Group, which developed the Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains on Minerals from Conflict Affected and High-Risk Areas and which has been active in its further development and implementation. Signet is also a member of OECD’s expert working group developing the OECD Minerals Handbook, covering guidance for all minerals.
  • Collaboratively developed and launched the “open source” Signet Responsible Sourcing Protocols for gold, 3Ts (tin, tantalum, tungsten), diamonds, silver and platinum group metals. It is actively developing a protocol for coloured gemstones, thereby covering all of the main materials used in the fine jewellery industry.
  • Instituted a process of on-going dialogue and collaboration within the jewellery industry, governments, civil society, and other organisations, which has contributed to the consistency and harmonisation of responsible sourcing standards for the jewellery industry and beyond.
  • Become the first major non-electronics industry company to be a member and support development of the Conflict Free Sourcing Initiative.
  • Used its position as a founding and certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) to encourage all of its suppliers to become RJC members as well.
https://www.gemkonnect.com/news/signet-submits-conflict-minerals-report-sec-fourth-year

© 2017 gemkonnect


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on June 15, 2017
Last Updated on June 15, 2017
Tags: jewellery