Shepton Mallet shopkeeper Anna Perra stages charity fashion show with 'real women'

Shepton Mallet shopkeeper Anna Perra stages charity fashion show with 'real women'

A Story by gemmaduca

ANNA Perra and her ‘Real Women’ raised £480 for Macmillan Cancer Support at a fashion show at Charlton House.

Anna, who owns Anna Perra Fashion in Shepton High Street, recruited eight local women spanning four decades of age and seven dress sizes to take part in the show.

The stylist believes that age and size don’t matter, while personality and individuality expressed through clothes do.

Anna illustrated her concept by dressing her youngest and oldest model in matching outfits.

Anna has been transforming women through fashion since opening her shop in 2012.

GraziaProm chiffon prom dresses

She said: “I have a passion for dressing women in a way that makes them look and feel great, no matter their size or age. Many of my ladies I have built up personal friendships with and when they visit the shop we often have cup of tea and good conversations with no rush.

“My concept is much more than fashion, it is about lifestyle, health and self-esteem.”

In the audience was teen model and former Wells Blue school pupil Rebecca Bailey, fresh from the catwalks of Paris and London Fashion Week. Rebecca said the ‘Real Women’ fashion show was “absolutely amazing”. She said: “I loved how the models really connected with their audience.”

Anna’s ‘Real Women’ were local women aged 25 to 65, sizes eight to 20: Ellie Doe, Jane Whitfield, Zena Pollard, Claire Sully, Karen Horne, Jules Douglas, Sara, and Lucy Ollis.

Anna’s backstage team included Anna Hodges, hairstyle by Minsky’s hair, make-up and hospitality by Charlton House, Joanne Curtis and Elaine Nuelle. Anna was also supported by Belinda Ollis-Blackwell, owner of No21 Vintage and Interiors.

http://www.graziaprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-2014-2015

© 2014 gemmaduca


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014
Tags: fashion, women, designer

Author

gemmaduca
gemmaduca

United Kingdom



About
I love beauty and fashion about women. more..

Writing