Move on.

Move on.

A Story by Geoffrey Savage
"

A rant. For all who have or do feel unapprectiated at work.

"

Yes, Boss the work is done. Which is exactly what I say, for every workday you ask. Oh, I'm not sorry if I'm not being polite to the one who pays. Everyday here is the same, the same everday. I'm losing my sanity, every minute that I'm here. My body is starting to break down, weakening, to its' extremities. Every box that goes down the line is eight pounds- a variable weight but sadly no more than eight. I work with robots. For I am a bot. Repeatitious movements are the ones' I make. Using a number, for what? Identification, to track my work, to learn of my f**k ups?

 

I'm not a number, I am a number with a barcode. Scan the barcode and you'll learn my name- by file only. You may ask me questions, but I may not answer. You pay me for my time here, but not out there. You're watching me from afar, but maybe sometimes lingering near. When you are breathing your air releases from you nose and shoots down to my neck as you're right there, no more than a foots' length away. You page me by intercom while I'm taking break, I have learned not to reply.

 

So I have been ranting and raving to you for about the last hour. You have said nor done anything. You sit there with the a stare. I will have no more. I quit. It is time to move on. Now I feel as good as the day I was first hired on. Watch me leave the door, I won't be back anymore. Watch as I move on while you stay here.

© 2012 Geoffrey Savage


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, sometime we have to move on from the past....but it takes time to move on. Even though we give up, but to move on it takes a while. Nice written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012
Tags: Work, Boss, Desk, Pay

Author

Geoffrey Savage
Geoffrey Savage

VT



About
You are now inside of my head. What does it feel like to see the world through my eyes? A year later, and I have returned to revise and finish my earlier peices. Along with adding some new/old mate.. more..

Writing