A struggle to acceptance

A struggle to acceptance

A Story by Gee Bee

On the eve of my 20th birthday, I was two things: first, a girl who did not feel her self-worth; and second, a girl on the verge of suicide. Not exactly how I planned to celebrate my birthday, since I was the type of person who loved to celebrate it even though things didn't go my way.
On the eve of my 20th birthday, I stayed up until 12 midnight. I was all by myself in my room. The rest of the world had gone to sleep, probably even forgotten that I have existed. I downloaded an app in iTunes that sang you a "Happy Birthday" song in French. Even if I was at the lowest point at that time, I felt that I had to keep it classy (and a bit pretentious, admittedly).
On the eve of my 20th birthday, the sound of a birthday song from an iPhone and tears running down my face put me to sleep. I didn't feel the point of it all anymore - I even searched online for ways to go painlessly. But I was already tired, and figured that I should sleep it off.
Over the course of my 20th year, I realized three things: first, I didn't have to be alone; second, I was okay being alone; and third, I was okay with myself. I had to fight with myself for a whole year to realize those things. I had to accept certain things even if I didn't necessarily agreed to them. But now, I feel as though the weight has been lifted, and I have become more accepting with who I am.
On my 20th year on Earth, I slowly accepted myself, flaws and all. I hope that you realize that you have worth.

© 2014 Gee Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014
Tags: acceptance, gettbee

Author

Gee Bee
Gee Bee

Manila, Philippines



About
Lurking around, trying to find bits and pieces of me in the most common of places more..

Writing
05-112015JP 05-112015JP

A Story by Gee Bee


04-04052015TW 04-04052015TW

A Story by Gee Bee