Geth de'Erebos and Apollo Kiran

Geth de'Erebos and Apollo Kiran

A Story by Giggs
"

An introduction to my character: Geth de'Erebos

"
The blight spreads over this land, consuming all it comes in contact with; the white oblivion that swallows all freedom and choice. And the people, they welcome it, they praise it. They give all they have to usher in their own swift destruction. It rides in, waving its pure banner, lighter than the clouds it seems to be made from. Its standard is raised by more and more deceived masses.
Why don't they see it as I do? I was once esteemed by them, the citizens of the Drystan Isles. I was a leader. But, when I tried to reveal to them that they were mistaken, that their hero was corrupt, they turned against me, afraid of what I am, of what I can do.
I, Geth de'Erebos, have been given a blessing and a curse. I have been given the power to control the darkness that embodies their fears. The shadows that I command I use only to protect my people, but still they fear what I do. Their deepest nature compels them to hate the black night. It is this nature that blinds them. They look to the light, willing to ignore his flaws, the flaws that will be their destruction.
My former friend and business partner, Apollo Kiran, political leader and head of the Lumi, is the light that blinds them. In our youth, we had plans; plans that could save the Drystan Isles from its rampant crime. But, before our plans could be initiated, the day came when the Drystan Isles were thrown into a state of utter turmoil. Soon after, I discovered my curse"the darkness, but Kiran discovered a curse of his own. He had received a light"a cursed light. His light brought him pride.
After the turmoil in the Drystan Isles had settled, Kiran proposed a new plan. He proposed that our gifts had set us above others, set us in a position to rule them. I disagreed. We were given our powers to help the people around us. Being chosen to wield this light and darkness was a sign that we were meant to protect and empower those people that Kiran has deemed 'lesser.'
In the beginning, I failed to speak out against Kiran. He had stood by me for as long as I could remember, I was afraid of losing my lifelong friend. Things began to get out of hand. Kiran began amassing followers. He continued to pressure me to join him. Finally, I spoke out against him. An argument ensued and from that argument stemmed a conflict. It was that day that the world learned of our curses; the day light and darkness clashed for all to see. In the end, I was overpowered by Kiran. As he stood over me, I saw the horrible light burning in his eyes and knew that he had lost himself to his own power. As all the light in the world fell upon me I used the last of my energy to escape.
When I awoke, the world had changed. Kiran knew I had escaped and had convinced the world that I was the scourge that would destroy the Drystan Isles, not he. Due to his deceit, the world had turned to him as a savior, when all he could bring them was destruction.
And now I wait, biding my time and growing in power. Kiran, or the Light, as they call him now, must be stopped. My greatest fear is that I will not be able to stop him, for as quickly as my power is growing, his is increasing faster.
But I have found a weapon that he has no knowledge of. I found more who are like us; more who were given opportunities and gifts by the catastrophe that none seem to remember anymore. I have begun to gather them together, those beacons in a dying world; those candles that shine out in the night. I have started a movement that can only end in war. I am gathering the Flames.

© 2013 Giggs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: fantasy, sci-fi

Author

Giggs
Giggs

Moroni, UT



About
Every since I was young, I knew I wanted to write. I always found myself making up stories, characters, and worlds. Putting my thoughts and ideas on paper came naturally. My writings may not always be.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Giggs


Highmarked Highmarked

A Book by Giggs