3 Tips to Avoid Injuries at Work

3 Tips to Avoid Injuries at Work

A Story by Harbor Physical Therapy
"

We spend almost one –third of our time at work, and it is easily possible that we may get some injury while at work, because injuries come without any prior notice, but you can always avoid them.

"
Thousands of workers are injured on the job every year. Some of these injuries are serious and life-threatening, while others are not as grave and require little attention. From developing carpal tunnel because of too much time typing to injuring a hand while working on the line of a plant floor, injuries occur in a plethora of working environments and can affect any worker. Reducing the occurrence of injuries is the main objective of safety and health professionals all over the country.
When most people think of workplace accidents, they often automatically associate them with high-risk industries, such as construction or manufacturing.
The truth is: injuries can occur in any place of employment. While there are specific safety requirements for individual industries, which employers need to meet, there are often human errors that fall through the cracks simply because they're overlooked.
Workers and employers rush to complete deadlines and may not pay as close attention as they should. In other cases, there may be hazards that an employer or managers aren't aware of in their workplace. Put safety at the forefront. Follow this list of concrete tips on how to prevent injuries from happening in the first place:
1. Be Prepared
Look around the office and identify the possible safety hazards. If you find any hazards that you think need attention, talk to your supervisor. If you develop a safety conscious attitude, you can become aware of office hazards and take the appropriate precautions to avoid them.
2. Be Aware
Work Injury in Gig Harbor can be due to multiple reasons, and one such thing is not being aware. Besides good housekeeping, and keeping the workplace tidy, being aware of your surroundings and what you’re doing is the best way to avoid workplace injuries, whether in an office or in the field. Avoid carrying loads that impair your visibility. Look before you step to avoid wet floors, spills or tripping over items. In case of a trouble, Occupational Therapy in Gig Harbor can come handy.
3. Keep Workspaces Clean
Most people don't think of cleanliness as a deterrent to accidents but workplace order actually does diminish the chance of injury.
A cluttered, unclean work area is more difficult to efficiently maneuver in and workers are more prone to hazards. Make sure staff adheres to something as simple as running computer cables and cords properly so that they don't create a tripping hazard.
No matter if your work environment is a manufacturing warehouse or an office cubicle, keeping the area clean and well-maintained decreases the chance of accidents.

© 2018 Harbor Physical Therapy


Author's Note

Harbor Physical Therapy
Author a therapist providing occupational therapy in Gig Harbor, to individuals that suffered work injury in Gig Harbor.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What kind of idiot is so cheap that they spam a writer's venue with crap like this rather than pay the site to advertise, legitimately?.

Answer: One that doesn't care that they're being an a*s, are cluttering the forum with spam, and isn't smart enough to realize that it will gather resentment, not customers.



Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2018
Last Updated on September 26, 2018
Tags: Occupational Therapy, Work Injury