Tips to Curb Work Related Injuries

Tips to Curb Work Related Injuries

A Story by Harbor Physical Therapy
"

Work related injury is common because it can happen to anyone working in any field of business. From factory to mills and from corporate offices to sewage, it is important that you keep work related i

"

Slips, trips and falls are the leading cause of general workplace accidents and injuries ranging from minor bruises to severe traumas such as head injuries, broken bones, sprains and lacerations. In fact, slips, trips and falls are often reported as the most common causes of workers' compensation claims. With Work Injury Treatment in Gig Harbor available on the go, and BPPV Treatment in Gig Harbor ready to curb work related issues, you can reduce the potential hazards that lead to slips, trips and falls. There are ways you can proactively manage your workplace environment to help lower the risk of injury to your employees and customers.
Here are 5 ways you can prevent slips, trips and falls around the workplace:
1. Keep Walking Surfaces Clean And Free Of Clutter
By keeping walkways clear, you can quickly reduce the potential for injury. An unobstructed path minimizes the opportunity for an employee to trip over an unexpected object and reduces the potential for a spill that could create a dangerous slipping hazard.
2. Lighting
Proper lighting inside and outside of the workplace can help illuminate areas that may be common places for employees or customers to trip or fall. More often than not, steps or other hazards can be hidden by darkness or shadows. By installing proper lighting (such as spotlights or illuminated steps), you can reduce the chance that an individual will slip or fall.
3. Signage
Using clear, well-placed signage can help call attention to potential problem areas. A sign indicating a step, gap, uneven ground or loose rocks will call attention to the hazard and increase awareness and attentiveness. Using reflective tape can also highlight problem areas.
4. Stairways/Handrails
Do your stairways have handrails? Is the top and bottom stair marked with reflective tape? Have you removed any unsecured rugs or carpets from the stairs or landings? Stairs are a common area for falls in the workplace and additional care is often required to reduce the risk of injury. Be sure to keep your stairwells clear, well lit and free from unsecured objects.
5. Non-skid throw rugs on slippery surfaces
Do you have tiled or hard wood floors in splash-prone areas (e.g. bathrooms)? Adding non-skid throw rugs can help reduce accident potential. Rugs are an easy solution on otherwise slippery surfaces, but just make sure to add non-skid padding underneath the rug to prevent it from slipping out from underneath someone.

© 2018 Harbor Physical Therapy


Author's Note

Harbor Physical Therapy
Are you looking for work injury treatment in Gig Harbor? With BPPV Treatment in Gig Harbor you get the best treatment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What kind of idiot is so cheap that they spam a writer's venue with crap like this rather than pay the site to advertise, legitimately?.

Answer: One that doesn't care that they're being an a*s, are cluttering the forum with spam, and isn't smart enough to realize that it will gather resentment, not customers.



Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2018
Last Updated on October 22, 2018
Tags: Work Injury Treatment in Gig Har, BPPV Treatment in Gig Harbor