What does it mean to be fully human? - A Question of LIfe

What does it mean to be fully human? - A Question of LIfe

A Story by gillianxrcr
"

This is not necessarily a short story, more of a descriptive journal entry on my perspective on this topic! Enjoy!

"
"To discover who we are is to discover unity." - Anonymous


To be "fully human" is to be unfearful of society and the world as a whole. 

Yes, it's ok to be fearful of things that we call "normal" in society such as racism, terrorism, radicalism, etc.
But here's the thing...

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is fearful as the society and the world in their own way.

People are so consumed with themselves to the point of where they are so closed off and closed-minded towards the rest of the world.
People have been thinking like this, for generations, since the dawn of humanity. 
Now, since this happens, since people have made it such a habit and no-brainer to be so wrapped up in themselves; when this happens, it leaves to having much, much baggage.

So, I ask, "What does it mean to be fully human?"

Think for a good moment.

What does that question mean to you? 
How does it apply to your own life?

We all probably have very different/diverse answers on how it applies to us personally, in the unique lives we each live in.
But yet, it might be similar in some way also.
Now, what would that be?
It could be many things.
But all the reasons all come back to one, rooted fact of humanity...

TO UNDERSTAND AND LOVE IN THAT UNDERSTANDING!

We all are called to simply do just that with one another.

Yes, it can be hard because even through love in humanity, there is even hate.

To fight that hate, we must first, understand it, but then be "fully human". 
The hate does make up a portion of humanity, but it does not define the full of human nature.
So, honestly, we do not have much to fear, unless we let it get to us.

Keep in mind, we are all on the same level on the field.
Some may not think that, but that is another story for another time.

To know, deep down in the roots of all of us, we must peel back the layers of baggage, one by one, to know and reveal what is true.

We must realize, through all of this, that together, we are born into weakness and we die out of weakness, but we grow through it, in unity!
We are only weak when we isolate ourselves from each other - which is not fully human.

We are true, fully human when we realize all the factors of human nature - good or bad.

And once we understand that, we can love each other.

The words - "I love you as you are", will be the remedy.

So once again, what does it mean to be fully human?

To pull back the layers of consuming baggage, even if those layers consist of many mistakes that we will learn from;
We will then discover who we are TRULY in each other and in unity;
And because we are born into weakness and die out of weakness, we grow unity to overcome it...
This will all add up to reveal the sweet, sweet truth that our hearts have desired for generations and generations...
We can humbly then say that we love each other and understand each other...
Hand-in-hand...in unity....we are fully human.

And that day my friends will be the redemption of humanity.

Fully human.

- GXRCR 

© 2017 gillianxrcr


Author's Note

gillianxrcr
Please give back some constructive criticism of what you all think!
Keep it short and simple (and kind!).
Thank you all for enjoying and reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on August 24, 2017
Last Updated on August 24, 2017
Tags: journal entry, human, philosophy

Author

gillianxrcr
gillianxrcr

Unknown



About
g i l l i a n x r c r senior in high school c/o 2018 lover of: quotes, music, writing, & all things art. "what you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and stru.. more..

Writing