Change

Change

A Story by GMV
"

A short story about a young group of friends who go through a very modern change in their daily life as teenagers.

"
Movies and plans were a common topic for me and my friends. We were always making plans to see each other and go to the places that we love. Our conversations were light and humorous, it had always been this way. We would go through our weekly routine of going to wherever of going wherever we wanted to go, and then retreating back to our home to watch some movie we had never seen before. It was a normal thing for us. 
Then, everything changed.
Depression and anxiety became our new favorite topics and we didn't leave the house as much. The four of us each had our own problems at home and we constantly talked with each other about them.
She had a problem with being sad. Her mother took her own life and she liked to turn to the razor to feel anything else but sadness. She, herself had tried on multiple occasions to end her life but for some strange reason she's still here.
His mom abused him. If he made a mistake as little as not hearing his broken phone he would get a cut across his cheek from the rings his mother forgot to take off her right hand. If it wasn't drugs then it was alcohol. He liked to turn to smoking when he was feeling sad, which was always. He, too, had tried to end it all with a bottle of pills but he is still standing for the same strange reason reason she was.
Her after was an alcoholic. She was constantly told of all the things she was doing wrong but never the things she did right. Her mother and father constantly fought and didn't spend much time with her so she kept herself occupied by locking herself in her room and watching movies. her father yelled at her for little things like accidentally forgetting to put the last dish away. Her mother tried and failed repeatedly to get her father to see what he was doing to harm his daughter's self esteem . She turned to music and had a low self worth at the end of every day.
He had no problems at home whatsoever, yet he was still sad. He constantly made suicide jokes and he didn't really care about a lot of things. His parents were extremely caring and, but he still liked to turn to fire and tears at the end of the every long night. For him, it was not a physical problem, but a mental problem. He didn't know what was wrong but he still cried.
They all had their own problems to deal with, and they all chose to deal with it differently. The razor eased her mind, while getting a high eased his. Music and movies helped her while fire and tears helped him. They knew of each others choices but they never judged one another for what they have gone through. They would never cause harm to each other. They just listen. They understand. Everything may have changed, but they understand.

© 2017 GMV


Author's Note

GMV
This is the first story i am putting online, so please excuse any grammar mistakes. Please feel free to tell me what you think of my story and if you have any constructive criticism, please tell me how you feel!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 16, 2017
Last Updated on July 16, 2017

Author

GMV
GMV

TX



Writing
You You

A Story by GMV