How to Connect Steel Pipe and PVC

How to Connect Steel Pipe and PVC

A Story by gloria527

Connecting black steel pipe and PVC for a plumbing transition is an economical way to fix an existing plumbing structure. The older material black steel pipe can be changed with new PVC. So as black steel pipe, many people use black steel pipe now. By subsequent a several fundamental methods you can rapidly connect metal black steel pipe and PVC and conserve some ma single by carrying out it yourself. Have a query? Get a response from a handyman now!

Get rid of the older metal pipe with the pipe wrench back again to the place in which you want to make the change more than of metal pipe to the new PVC. The older metal pipe might be corroded in a several locations and you might want to remove the older piping back again to in which the metal pipe seems to be in decent problem. You can use the metal brush and completely cleanse the male threads on the metal pipe in which you will be screwing on the female threaded-slip suit adapter. You will want cleanse threads for a tight suit, lowering odds of a drinking water leak. The male threads are on the outdoors of the pipe and the female threads are the threads on the within of a suiting this kind of as the adapter. The threaded slip suit adapter will have female threads on a single finish of the suiting and a smooth slip female insert on the other finish in which the PVC pipe is glued into for the change more than place.

Available the Teflon thread sealer and utilize a liberal coating of the whitened compound to the male threads on the metal pipe. The thread sealer will support in sealing away any poor threads and will work like glue in the interconnection. Do not be concerned about utilizing as well very much sealer, as when the adapter is tightened you can normally cleanse the extra Teflon from the pipe joint. The next step is to screw the female adapter onto the male pipe threads by hand. Be certain to very cautiously begin the threads so you do not cross the interconnection and produce a leak by failing to correctly align the threads. Progress the suiting as much as feasible with your arms.

Use the funnel locks or plumber's pliers to accomplish tightening the female plastic material adapter onto the metal pipe. Be cautious in viewing the threads so you do not more than tighten the adapter and crack the plastic material suiting. You can clean any extra Teflon sealer from the joint with the rag. You will now be prepared to start the set-up of the new PVC piping. Then clean the finish of the PVC pipe that will suit into the female slip suit adapter with the PVC cleanser. Enable the cleanser to dried out and then utilize a generous coat of PVC glue to the finish of the pipe. Slip the PVC pipe into the suiting even though the glue is nonetheless wet and holder it there for several seconds even though the glue sets up. Carry on installing the PVC pipe to accomplish your new set up. Our more products is API steel pipe welded steel pipe 

© 2014 gloria527


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 17, 2014

Author

gloria527
gloria527

shanghai, shanghai, China



About
With Aims of Mutual profiting, Developing with client, Shanghai Xin Lin Co., Ltd. (hereafter refer to as Xin Lin), established in 2007, is a leading company specializing in steel, including pipes, tub.. more..

Writing