The Best Day Ever

The Best Day Ever

A Story by glorygrace&gold
"

real short, familiar story...

"

 

The Best Day Ever
There always seems to be that day in your schedule that you anticipate for the next two weeks. You’re excited to see your friends, to have fun, to stay up late, and do whatever for whatever reason. You get dressed, spend hours in front of the mirror, jam to your favorite music on your favorite station, and leave the house. You always disregard the little irritating things that happen in between those moments. For example, right after you come home after school your parents start lecturing you about your grades giving you little time (from your perspective) to shower and get dressed. Then once you’re dressed, you look in the mirror and think about how much prettier you would be if you bought that Bare Essentials makeup kit you saw from the window on the drive home. Then you’re all depressed because you’re not as pretty as you’d like to be and change clothes because it doesn’t match your mood of the moment. Still, you ignore it. You keep reminding yourself how great of a night will be and it won’t matter. Then, you turn on the radio and your favorite song is on and it’s an omen—until you stub your foot against your wooden bed post, breaking the toe nail almost halfway clean. And it looks nasty. And you feel ugly. And you didn’t have enough time to straighten your hair because of your parent’s lecture. So you look like crap. Still, you ignore it because you know you’re going to have a great night and it won’t matter.
                Eventually, you arrive at the party and you’re excited and you’re waiting for your friends but they’re taking too long of a time so you have to text them. Unfortunately, the first time you text them they never get the message and you have to text them again wasting more precious money. Then they forgot they were supposed to go to the party and tell you they will be there in a minute but instead take several hours. By the time they get there, you are discouraged and all the cute guys already have girlfriends or you are too shy to come up to them without your friends—all because they forgot about the party. Finally, you guys are dancing and having fun and then you realize, although it’s only been a few minutes, it’s already 11:30 and if you don’t get home before 12, your parents will kill you.
                 In an attempt to rush home, you end up going over the speed limit and a cop comes up behind you and gives you a ticket.  At this time you are begging him to spare you because you were having a rough day—but they don’t care. They’re just doing their job and you’re just weeping and banging your head against the steering wheel. Finally, you get home and you can practically see fumes shooting out of your parent’s ears and you just want to get to bed but they are just going to lecture you—for the second time.
                At last, you are in bed. You wonder whether the night was all that fabulous and you feel a little bit disappointed although you are trying to look at the bright side. Then, you think who am I kidding? There is no bright side.  So, although miserably, you finally fall asleep and the next day comes promising many wonders: the good, the bad, and the best of all…because if you’ve checked off the good and the bad, all you’ve got left to look forward to is the best. And what could be better than that?

© 2009 glorygrace&gold


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 12, 2009

Author

glorygrace&gold
glorygrace&gold

About
Romans 8:24-27 says this: For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see we eagerly wait for .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by glorygrace&gold