10 Things That Displease Me

10 Things That Displease Me

A Story by Ricki Peterson
"

How I see some "people"

"
1. The overly patriotic people.
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong or bad or harmful about being proud of your country. What grinds my gears are the people who will twist facts and say "Murica is the best country on the planet!!!!". Because lets be honest America is actually not considered the best in anything. We are number one in incarceration rates, we have the most obese population, and we also have the highest number of adults who believe in angels. Which, if you ask me, isn't all that great.
2. Religious people.
At the end of the day if I had one wish, it would be to eradicate religion as a whole. It doesn't matter if you're Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Buddhist, it really doesn't matter to me. Religion will always hold back the advancements of the human race. 
3. S****y Co-workers/Managers
I often see other employees and managers especially that make me wonder how they've kept their jobs. The easiest way for me to understand it is realizing they're not quite right and that since its an equal opportunity employer, they're required to have this person as a manger. Then co-workers who simply don't do a thing, and stare at a ceiling. I often wonder where they'll be in a few years, and I can only assume some will end up picking up soap from a county jail shower floor. 
4. Being berated for Things that aren't even my fault.
A customer walks in and starts complaining about prices, "I can't believe it cost that much for a chicken sandwich!"
Me: "I'm sorry ma'am are you maybe interested in another item?"
"No! Why would I want something else that will just drain my wallet?!"
I then think to myself, "I'm not sure why you came in if you were just going to complain about prices that no one in this store even has a say in."
5. Birds
To be completely honest, I can't stand chirping birds. They just piss me off. I'm trying to sleep at 5 am and these birds are lit.
6. 1/2 couples (as I call them)
These are the couples you see at the mall, the guy who looks like he was viciously attacked by a hot frying pan
and the woman looks like she just got done with a photo-shoot for cover girl. If you're anything like me you think to yourself, "He's either rich or a part of the "make a wish foundation". " 
7. Walking Memes
You know what I mean when I say this, the people who are incredibly heavy, and when they see a shiba breed of dog they refer to it as a "doge". Or people who keep talking about Harambe (rest his soul) The gorilla that was killed at the Cincinnati zoo. 
8. "People" who deliberately don't invite others to Social events.
I understand if literally no one likes the person or if you don't want to start conflict, but people who do this simply to exclude a person and make them feel like less, those are the people who really aggravate me.
9. Bullying in general
If you gotta be ragging on everyone just to make sure your precious self esteem isn't going to get hurt then you have a serious problem and should probably seek professional help. 
10. Slow internet
I get extremely upset when I have to pay 60 dollars a month for internet that completely drops service every 20 minutes. Just saying.

© 2016 Ricki Peterson


Author's Note

Ricki Peterson
This is just to make people laugh or to poke fun at every day things. Nothing is meant to be offensive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on July 29, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016
Tags: Co-Workers, work, retail, personal

Author

Ricki Peterson
Ricki Peterson

Chippewa Falls, WI



About
The writer's block can be real sometimes. If I drop off the face of the earth, just know that I will in fact be back. more..

Writing