Wiccan Woman

Wiccan Woman

A Story by John
"

Woman branded a witch escapes to her lover for a mystical night under the stars. They find a home together beyond the reach of their oppressors.

"

Wiccan Woman


     Green hills rolled out to meet the sky. A cool breeze flowed across my face. In the distance an apparition floated. You approached like a cloud carried by the wind with Aeolian harp music carried on the breeze. Your long white dress billowed like a sail as you strode with winged feet across the prairie.

     I saw your face like a lily emerge from the green land your cheeks blushed like roses. I was drawn to you by uncontrolled passion.  My feet carried me swift as a hawk. As the space between us grew smaller, I saw the crimson scar like a snake on your breast. How could they have thought your magic dark? Your magic freed me to sing with the birds. Your touch healed my soul. It allowed me to feel the love of the Goddess like a flame consuming my very soul till you and I became one spirit.

     I remembered the morning in the grotto, a watery world of frogs, lilies, and cool earthy air. Birds sang in the ethereal twilight till stars were reflected in the still waters in this place where we returned to the beginning. We lay in the mouth of the cave gazing out at the star’s image reflected in dark mirror of water. A breeze stirred ripples which spread across the surface.

     You lay in my arms your breast pressed against my chest. My hands softly stroked your cheeks till you were still as a butterfly sunning on a leaf. I watched as the magic began.

     Your face began to glow in the starlit night. Your eyes glazed as you went to a place where I could not reach you. But I knew you’d return. I could feel your love for me like mother’s embrace. It was tangible this love of yours for me. Though I could not describe its color or texture, it was palpable as a summer’s day.

     A cool autumn breeze blew around us. I watched you sink into a state of grace so complete that even the apocalypse couldn’t wake you. At one point I thought you might not come back. I shook you but you remained limp as a rag doll. The night went on with the sound of frogs chirping. A frog leaped into the pool with a deep resonance.

     I watched as you awakened, the sparkle returning to your eyes. I kissed you, brushing gently across your lips. Your smile told me that your love was eternal. Your twinkling eyes said that when the stars faded from the sky you would remain in the darkness, a warm spirit to bring me back home when the final trumpet is sounded.

     I gazed at the scar across your breast knowing that they who did this to you saw only a reflection of their fear in you. I pitied them. They will never know your magical love, the transforming power which leads us home. I held you to my chest, feeling your heart beat against me. Words escaped me. I held you so close I felt our beings merge. The burning pain of your cruel scar became my pain.

     For the next month we traveled by night till we arrived at the village. The red faced people greeted us with open arms. Tales of your power had reached them across the miles separating their world from ours. We were far from Cotton Mather in this distant corner of the world which seemed so familiar. They made you a medicine woman. We migrated with the seasons.

     Our love grew strong like two saplings with their roots intertwined. Our sap mingled together. Seedlings sprouted around us in the ancient forest.

© 2013 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on October 24, 2013
Last Updated on October 24, 2013
Tags: Wiccan, mystic, woman, Cotton Mather, the Great Plains, Native Americans

Author

John
John

About
Windflower dreamer from the land of sugar cane who contemplates what lies out there beyond my reach but within the realm of my imagination. more..

Writing
Hippocratic Heat Hippocratic Heat

A Story by John